~Chapter 42~

Sam's POV
We walked into the hospital and the receptionist noticed us. "This way." she said, standing up. We followed her and she led us to an office. We walked in and the doctor walked in behind us.

"Please, take a seat." she said, motioning over the couch in front of her desk. We sat down and she sat at her desk.

She took off her glasses and sighed. She put her hands together and looked at us.

"We ran some tests on Camille only to come and find out she has schizophrenia." she said.

"What's that?" I asked.

"It's disability that affects a person's ability to think, feel, and behave clearly. Schizophrenia is characterized by thoughts or experiences that seem out of touch with reality, disorganized speech or behavior, and decreased participation in daily activities. Difficulty with concentration and memory can also be present. And this is very common in the US. With Camille being 16, that's a very common age for someone to catch schizophrenia. Now, this can't be cured, but treatment can help."

"How long is she gonna have this?" Mum asked. "This can last for many years, a lifetime, even." she replied.

"That's why she's been acting out. Did Camille say anything about hearing voices? Wanting to kill herself? Anything in that category?"

"Uh, I think she mentioned something about voices. And she's been mumbling bad things a lot." Jade replied. "She's also been receiving a lot of hate for that past two months." Jesy said.

"The Camille Edwards Is Over Party? That hashtag?" she asked. "Yeah." Jesy replied. "Oh, I saw that. It's horrible what those people are saying about her. Plus with the abuse and rape thing, it just adds onto everything. Camille is breaking little by little and you guys are gonna have to help her try to regroup herself." she said.

"What about the seizures?" Mum asked. "Well, she had two while we were running the tests. The mental hospital also reported that she had at least two every day. I will prescribe her some medication for those as well as the schizophrenia." she replied.

"They also reported that she's been drawing a lot. None of the pictures made since to them. Do you know what these mean?" she asked as she placed an entire stack of papers in front of us.

I took the picture off the top and looked at it. It was of a girl with her hair covering her face and a knife in her chest. I looked at the bottom and there was a note written in Spanish.

I grabbed another one and it was of a girl jumping off a cliff. Another note written in Spanish at the bottom.

I looked at almost all of them and put them back.

"All of them are of her killing herself." I said. "Let me see." Mum said. I handed her two and she looked at them.

"She's right." she said, putting the papers back down.

"Will she have to spend those last two days in the MI?" Jade asked.

"No. Once she is well enough, we will send her home with you guys. But, you need to know this: She can't be in a room alone. Try to keep her busy with something. Always keep an eye on her. If you guys have to go somewhere, either take her with you or have someone watch her so we can avoid this happening again." she replied.

"I will call or text one of you if something happens. I will also let you know when she can go home."

"Thank you." mum said. "No problem." she replied, writing something down.

"These are the two prescriptions for her. Here's another one so when and if she does have them, you will have to inject this into her system." she said, handing mum the papers. She took the three papers and looked at them.

"Okay. Thanks again." Mum said. She nodded and we stood up. We walked out of the room and once we stepped out, five nurses were running down the hall.

We looked at each other and all of us thought it was Camille. We ran down the hall and looked in the room they ran into.

She was having another seizure and they were trying to calm her down. It looked like she was sleeping. She's just shaking and her back was arching off the bed.

They held her down while they injected her with something. She slowly calmed down, but someone dragged me away.

I feel like this isn't over. Something bad is still going to happen even with all this crap going on.