Chapter Forty-Five

Justin

'I was walking on a blank field and all the lights were off.

"Hello!!" I called out hoping that anybody would hear me.

"Hello!" I yelled again, "Stop screaming son"

I turned around to see my mom and dad staring at me.

It freaked me the fuck out at first but I was just so happy to see them

"Ma, Pops!" they smiled but as I moved towards them they seemed to be moving away.

"Son, we want to you to let go..." My mom said.

Again I attempted to move towards them and they moved backwards.

"What does that mean" I said, Pop's didn't move but his hand touch my shoulder again but it felt different.

"Let them love you son...."

I woke up and I was breathing hard and sweating, I wiped my face down and looked over at the clock

It read 4:30 AM, I groaned two more hours until I had to wake up for school.

I went and took a long shower; the hot water relaxed my body. I was playing the dream back in my head, usually when I have those dreams I block them out but this dream felt different.

I stepped out the shower and walked into my room, after putting on some clothes I walked out the bedroom and headed downstairs.

I went in the kitchen to see the cooks and maids already cleaning and cooking.

"Good morning Mr. Combs, can I get you something?"

I was going to ignore her but I decided not to because they were already scared of me, "No I'll get it myself...." I went to the fridge and grabbed a Gatorade and walked to the living room and turning the TV on.

I turned to a random football game a began to watch it, I felt someone watching me and I looked up and saw Alecie fully dressed in some sweats, and her favorite pair of Jordan's.....

Wait; how the fuck did I know that? I must pay more attention to her than I thought.

"Justin, why you up so early?"

"I could ask you the same thing; you don't seem like the morning type"

She shrugged, "Touché; I didn't sleep last night I was busy" she said.

That's when I noticed the bags under her eyes that she tried to hide with makeup, I also saw her hair was in a bun thing and she looked tired.

"Doing what?" she plopped down beside me placing her head in my lap.

"I answered a question already, it your turn" I gave her a dick look and she didn't back down.

"I had a dream.... about my parents..." I mumbled

I looked back at the TV and pretended not to notice she was staring at me.

"Want to talk about it, I've been told I'm a great listener " she said.

I looked back down at her and she was smiling up at me, she grabbed my hand and rubbed it in an encouraging way.

"Go ahead Combs, I'm all ears..." she said.

I looked down at our hands and sighed, "Okay... I'll tell you about my fucked up life"

She chuckled without humor, "Can't be worse than mine"