Chapter 10: Night Terror

Osomatsu slept in the same hotel room as Chibita and Iyami. Not that he minded sharing a hotel room with his two acquaintances of course, at least there were separate beds. Iyami and Chibita had to share one which made both of them annoyed at the fact one of them was going to steal the covers in the middle of the night, but they decided it's best for Osomatsu to get the entire bed to himself to get some decent sleep, because he only had nightmares the previous week and maybe seeing Kara calmed him down enough to give him a good night's rest. Though Chibita kept lecturing Osomatsu to not sleep on his left arm, which was the same arm he injected himself with the syringe. Unlike Kara, Osomatsu couldn't really stand the pain that came with the needle, and it was feeling sore.

Once they arrived at their hotel room, made sure to tightly wrap the spot that was injected, and shared the food Chibita accidentally made at Kara's kitchen, Osomatsu took a hot bath and collapsed on his bed instantly, wearing his usual blue pajamas. He instantly fell asleep as soon as his head landed against the pillow, so Chibita and Iyami had to cover him with one of the thick blankets they found in the hotel room's closet to prevent him from catching a cold. He didn't seem to be snoring, a trait that their Osomatsu had. Nonetheless, they didn't try to wake him up just to shut him up, seeing as how he was out like a bulb and probably needed to relax after such a tiring and exciting day.

Iyami was just busy watching the news alongside a bored Chibita, when they suddenly heard a choked cry and the frantic shuffling of blankets. Curious and worried, Chibita stood up from his spot on the floor and rushed to Osomatsu's bed, taking off the blanket and throwing it to the floor. As expected and as they feared, Osomatsu was having a nightmare and was thrashing in his bed, sweat rolling off his forehead, face scrunched in pain, and one of his hands gripped onto his chest as if he was trying to rip it out. "Osomatsu! Wake up!" Chibita raised his voice, nudging the sides of his friend. "Iyami, you idjit! The hell are you just sittin' there for?! Get me a glass of water, damn it! From the sink!"

"S-sheh?! Right!" The con-man stood up from the bed and rushed to the bathroom, the sound of a glass clinking against the porcelain sink. He later came back with a glass full of water, which stained the hotel room's carpet but none of them cared about that at the moment. Osomatsu's free hand gripped onto the bed sheet as he started panting heavily, almost as if he was fighting with someone. Iyami's hand became shaky, drops of water pouring out of the glass and into the sheets. "Chibita, do you think this is an effect from the syringe-"

"Probably just stress and not the drug. The syringe wasn't supposed to affect him. It was supposed to affect the person he injected first so he could share some of his memories with them." Chibita recalled. Osomatsu told him the effects of the drug at Sutabaa when he secretly showed Chibita the syringe, and Osomatsu was probably just having a nightmare because of the fact he had to let a lot of bullshit sink into his thick skull all in one day, after a week of sulking and lack of any contact with any of his friends. Without hesitation, Chibita let Iyami pour the water straight onto Osomatsu's face which nearly went into his nostrils, causing him to snap his eyes open and sit up, panting heavily as he coughed the water out.

Normally, Osomatsu would roar at Iyami and Chibita for doing such a thing. But after that little nightmare in which he felt as if he was dying slowly, he couldn't. He just couldn't muster enough energy to become angry in the middle of the night, even if he was now soaking wet in tap water and his own sweat. He curled himself to a ball and started sobbing quietly, hating how weak he was looking right now. For once, he was glad his brothers weren't around. He shouldn't have to make them worry about stupid nightmares, and Kara was probably suffering the same as well. Except Kara had a reason to, and he didn't. What a selfish eldest brother, Osomatsu chided himself.