Chapter 112: Sweet Devil, Bitter Angel

The hospital had an area which served as a place for the patients to stroll around if they wanted to leave their stuffy and boring hospital rooms for awhile. It wasn't too bad, as trees surrounded the area. Normally, there would be flowers here too, but as it was winter, the trees were covered in snow and the pots were empty. Not only that, but the ground was covered in snow, probably enough to freeze one's entire foot. They needed boots if they wanted to take a nice walk without risking their feet getting frozen.

Except Jyushi was walking barefoot as he followed what the creature that was holding onto his shoulder was saying. Unlike earlier, the creature looked more human than monstrous. The creature now resembled a human, taller than Jyushi as Jyushi only reached his shoulders. Despite that, the creature was covered in a mixture of black and violet goop that dripped onto the pure white snow, causing it to melt.

Jyushi slowly walked with the assistance of his cane, ignoring the stinging pain on his feet, which had bled earlier. They felt a bit better upon stepping on the cold snow which contrasted against the rather hot sensation on his feet. Not entirely Jyushi's fault, since his "friend" had thought it was best to coax Jyushi into going outside by "playing" around a bit with Jyushi's feet and making them bleed. Jyushi didn't know why, but he seemed to be unable to walk, as he wobbled as soon as he kicked the blankets off him and tried to stand up. And when he removed his bloody stockings, he found out that there seemed to be bruises on his legs, leaving him to wonder where they were from.

"Forward." His friend instructed him.

Jyushi put his cane in front of him and continued to walk forward, when there was clearly nothing beyond them besides even more snow. But who the hell was he to question that? He nodded and continued on walking, the cold sensation on his feet no longer bothering him. Still, there was a bit of sore feeling in his legs, and whatever it was, Jyushi didn't like it. He didn't like the slimy feeling on his shoulder either, but if he were to say something about that, his friend might do something drastic again. And the thing with his feet already hurt.

"You know." His friend spoke up. "I saved you. From that nurse. The one that's supposedly treating your friend. If you didn't leave the bed, she would have walked over to your room at this time, and killed you. She's not normal, you know." He clicked his tongue. "And you were so hesitant on leaving the room too.. geez, if I didn't scratch you up, who knows what could have happened? Those things on your feet are nothing compared to what she could have done to ya, and even then, I did that for a good reason. I saved your ass. You should be thankful."

Jyushi nodded. "You saved me." He said in a monotone voice. He knew that this friend just wanted a compliment. But even if his friend claimed to have been doing something good, it still didn't change the fact that his friend grabbed him by his feet and clawed them and caused them to bleed. Not only that, but they messed up the entire hospital room too. His friend was a bit of a jerk, but if Jyushi were to speak his mind, he'd get worse punishments.

But hey. His friend was just looking out for him..

..Right..?

"Heck yeah I did. I'm the best." His friend chuckled. "But I really hope we get me a proper physical body soon. This is disgusting, eh? Slime and shit."

Jyushi didn't answer. If he agreed, there's a chance he was going to get hit. Though he was also sure that if he didn't speak, his friend might berate him for being so rude and deciding not to question at all. But being scolded was better than being hit. And the slime was actually disgusting. Jyushi didn't want to get any on his face at all. It was so slimy, and warm against his skin, and it was causing the snow to melt, so there was a chance that it was acidic too. Jyushi certainly didn't want to have his face melt off. That would be painful.