Chapter 18: Red Flag

"So I'm the youngest." Todo grumbled as he poked his pancakes with his fork as hard as he could.

Osomatsu groaned for the tenth time today. Todo had been repeating that phrase ever since Osomatsu asked him about his night, and apparently, Todo wasn't taking the fact that he was the youngest lightly enough, often making comments on why he should be an older brother to at least one of them. Kara also said that Todo did get questioned the night before regarding his connection with the yakuza group, but not even Todo knew the name of the boss or where he was at the moment. Todo had only been in the yakuza group for a short amount of time, a few weeks to be specific, and he only saw the boss about two times. And even when the boss did show himself, he was always hidden in the shadows. But that's not the point. The point was; Todo doesn't want to accept the fact, that in Osomatsu's dimension, he was the youngest. He was being bitter about it.

As bitter as that coffee I chugged down the other day, maybe even more bitter.

"It's really not so bad as you think, Todo! Being the youngest means you have older brothers to count on!" Assured Kara, setting a plate of fried eggs on the table before sitting down himself. He had decided to sit down next to Todo so he could pat his shoulder in a brotherly fashion, while Chibita and Osomatsu sat across them. "You are apparently the second brother that has actual common sense, and the second brother to not believe in anything that sounds out of this world! Also, you are the only brother with an actual shot at society!"

"But I'm the youngest. And I act like a fucking girl in that dimension. Why the fuck would the world do this to me, I don't deserve to have my other self act like a fucking girl. Five brothers to count on? You basically said I'm the second one with common sense." He proceeded to stab a pancake with his fork, piercing through it along with a strawberry that had been delicately place on top of the stack of pancakes. He bought it closer to his face and took a large bite out of his breakfast, chewing rather loudly. While he didn't look as hostile or as murderous as he did yesterday, he looked more like what Osomatsu would look like whenever he lost at pachinko. "This is the worse."

Chibita sighed from beside Osomatsu. "Roles and titles don't matter, idjit. I mean, Kara was practically taking care of Osomatsu yesterday, wasn't he? And Osomatsu's the oldest, damn it! You're fairly mature, maybe even more so than these nerds, so even if you're the youngest, you still have to look out for your brothers!"

Yowch. Chibita was being a savage with how blunt he was being. Kara blushed at that in shame, while Todo seemed to be in a lighter mood due to Chibita's statement, smirking like a smug ten year old brat who just asserted his dominance on the school's playground. Whatever floats his egotistical boat, Osomatsu thought to himself. "Well, now I have both Kara and Todo with me. Two out of five." Osomatsu said, taking a bite out of his pancake. "Now I need to ask Choromatsu about the other Jyushimatsu, Ichimatsu, Choromatsu, and the other me. But I guess they're still trying to find them if I haven't received a text yet. I can't blame them, I mean, they probably worked their asses off looking for the two of you. Plus, they sent me that self-defense program. I'm sure they need a nap or something."

Todo stopped brutally poking his food. "Hold on just a second!" He stood up from his seat, ran from the dining room to his own bedroom, and was heard cursing as he looked for something, the shuffling of drawers being heard from his room. With a triumphant "Found it!", he ran back to the area where the other three were, holding a crumpled card of some sort. "I knew that yellow one in my illusion looked and sounded so familiar. His name was Jyushimatsu, the second youngest, right?"

Osomatsu took the card, inspecting it. "Flag Corporation?"

At the mention of the company's name, both Chibita and Kara stopped eating. Kara choked on his own food and Chibita spat out his coffee. Osomatsu was more shocked at what they did rather than the name of the company. "What?!" Kara snatched the card from Osomatsu, making sure it was real. A bit crumpled and folded, but the words could still be read, clear as day. "Where did you get this, Todo?!"