Chapter 141: Individuality

Osomatsu was glad that he brought his notepad with shitty notes from days ago, regarding the original plan for the masquerade, which backfired after a certain green magician accidentally got separated from the rest. At least it came in handy, Osomatsu thought. Because no way in hell was he going to remember every single thing that Lonely was saying, especially since he was talking in such a painful manner with words that Osomatsu probably wouldn't know if Choromatsu wasn't nerdy enough to explain such things in his free time. English just wasn't Osomatsu's thing, and he only knew basic phrases because he didn't really understand the point of learning the entirety of the English language when he couldn't even leave Japan.

Lonely was chattering non-stop about himself, and while it was a bit cute at first, it turned the atmosphere from warm and somewhat light-hearted straight to awkward, especially since Osomatsu lost interest twenty minutes ago and wanted nothing more than just to check up on Jyushi. His narcissism matched Karamatsu's so much that Osomatsu felt a bit sick in his stomach. Of course, none of that bothered the green-eyed magician, who was still rambling on and on about himself, but specifically, the story of how he got the hang glider in the first place. Osomatsu would have found it interesting if he was a nerd like Choromatsu, but really, things like this got him bored immediately.

Well, at least he was passionate about something, even if that something happened to be himself. That was what matters the most, right?

Osomatsu took a look at his notes, just to make sure he understood a few of Lonely's words properly. Lonely's real name was Choro Kodoku, that much was obvious. He was born in December the third, and was currently twenty-three years old, but this makes him younger than Kara due to the month gap, which meant he wasn't the oldest. His hobbies, besides role-playing as some sort of hero, was hiking, cooking, reading books, and watching the stars. His favorite color was green, and his favorite animal was a snake, for some reason. He also liked watering small plants back at the forest. Some of his favorite food was apple pie, onion soup, and omelet, specifically cooked by his mother.

All in all, he seemed to be a really simple person, despite his oddball nature. At least there was a bit of normality within him.

Although, eating raw onions for two straight years isn't exactly considered normal.. geez, Lonely. How'd you live a life out there alone?

"I made it from scratch! And with my knowledge from reading books, all I had to do was gather scraps! It brings me back to when I had my first flight with my darling hang glider! I feared that my creation would fail on me and it would ultimately lead to my death, but alas, I was wrong!" Lonely made a dramatic pose to signify his point, something that involved spinning around and raising his leg up in the air again, before collapsing on Todo's bed. "I do wonder where is my hang glider and rapier! I terribly miss them both! It feels as if they have been a part of me for so long!" He sat up excitedly and glanced at Osomatsu. "Surely that is the same with you, Pine?"

What? Did he call for me? Shit, I wasn't listening..

"Uh.." Osomatsu scratched the back of his neck. "Can ya run that by me again?"

To his relief, Lonely didn't seem offended."Surely, there is something important to you that feels like it's a part of you. That is what I said." Lonely repeated, a small smile on his face. "I feel terribly lonely without the items that I have brought with me for so long. It's like being a soldier and wielding a gun, yes? The gun slowly becomes a part of the soldier.. and my weapon and my source of transportation are like claws and wings. It's simply impossible for me to feel just fine without them. Why, even the cards I carry underneath my clothes have become some sort of comfort." He sighed. "You are not of this world, Pine. Surely there is something that is of utmost importance to you from the world you came from."