Chapter 159: Guardian Angel

How peculiar. Four other boys with the same face as his grandson, and a certain boy whose identity wasn't covered by the company.

In all his years of working at Flag Corporation, Hijirisawa Shounouske had seen many, many things. Files were an interesting thing, as they were like an analogy of different stories that could be pieced together if one had a good enough memory, or if one was observant enough. The branch here at Akatsuka City was especially interesting, as it was incredibly different from the ones at the other sides of the country, or even the ones outside it. He had been confident that his branch at France was the best, but seeing how Akatsuka's was holding up..

It seems even in his old age, things never ceased to surprise him. And he absolutely loved surprises.

He made a proud smile as he watched an employee pour wine into his glass. Words couldn't describe how proud he was of Suuji Ichi, best friend of his late grandson and the son of the previous heir, Suuji Shiroku. He grew up to be such a diligent young man, always calm no matter what situation, and managed to not only make the company prosper, but also ensure that it's employees were capable, independent, and loyal. That, and he admired how Ichi had kept the tradition of using swords rather than guns. Shonouske never liked those weapons.

His eyes watered at the thought of his poor grandson, Hatabou, who had apparently been killed during a certain.. threat days ago. He could almost remember how cheerful Hatabou was when he was a young boy.

What happened to these cheerful young boys? Why did they grow up so.. hopeless and with their minds only set on one thing?

Ichi hadn't been specific and honest with him earlier when he had asked the boy what exactly happened, and Shounouske only let the matter go when he saw how incredibly upset Ichi felt whenever it was brought up. But Shounouske knew it wasn't Ichi who had killed his grandson. Unlike Shiroku, Ichi wasn't heartless and he was honestly more of a child if he only let himself show weakness in front of others.

He respected and cared for his employees, including his own best friend Hatabou, despite the fact that he treated him fairly even with their status as childhood friends. The only thing Ichi loved more than his employees and success was his rather cute little brother, Jyushi, who Shounouske hadn't seen in a long time.

His eyes darted away from his glass of wine to the black chess piece he was currently holding.

The queen, the strongest of all pieces. The one who ran the kingdom. Shounouske knew for a fact that it definitely had to be Shiroku's second son to be the one to run the entire company.

Ichi hadn't said anything much about Jyushi either. Only the fact that his little brother had been somehow involved in an incident regarding Hatabou, the Suuji manor deep at the forest, and the large fire that occurred during a masquerade ball days ago. Such an incident apparently lead the poor boy to a hospital, but he was doing a tad bit better than he was days ago.

His report wasn't as flawless as it usually was, and it was rather worrying, as Shounouske knew how much of a perfectionist Ichi was sometimes.

He had considered the purple-eyed boy and his little brother as one of his own grandchildren. He loved them as much as he loved Hatabou, and he sincerely hoped the best for them.

That's why he thought it wasn't fair for Ichi to reign over the company at such a young age, abandoning his childhood, dreams, and a better future all for the sake of family business.

"Poor boy," He muttered. Yuki glanced at him as he stood next to the older man and awaited him to request yet another refill. Dekapan, who was across him, looked away from the game of chess, which he was currently losing. "He had wanted to be a doctor at some point, and he had the potential to. He said he wanted to help Jyushi heal his legs."