Chapter 97: Syndrome of Revenge

Ichi decided to let Jyushi keep the mask on for the time being. He was unconscious, sure, but thankfully, he was breathing, and by breathing, that meant Jyushi could suffocate from the thick smoke. And he didn't seem to look pained anymore too. Slowly, he lifted Jyushi on his arms, with the assistance of both Kara and Todo. It seemed as if Jyushi was snoring too, so they had nothing much to worry about besides being burned alive or stabbed in the neck by Tougou. It was five against one too, so it was obvious who would win.

"..Give up." Oso looked at Tougou, snapping his fingers. The rose on Kara's hand suddenly disappeared, and when Oso fiddled with his fingers, the rose was already in his possession. "..You have lost.. and.. you no longer.. have puppets.. to control.. so it's best.. if you just surrender.. otherwise.. I won't actually.. hold anything back... anymore.."

"Heh! That's right!" Osomatsu rubbed the area where his nose should probably be, but he was wearing a blazer around his nasal area, so who knows? "Everyone's out of the manor, so you have no one to control anymore! Fuyu, Yuki, Homura, Dekapan, Kaoru, Chibita, and Iyami!" He then remembered the other four, including Hatabou's corpse and Hana, who he wonders was still alive. And Nyaa-chan too. "Totoko-chan too.. and Hana, Hatabou.. and Lonely. Nyaa-chan as well, I'm sure Dekapan and the others got her already and are waiting outside!" Osomatsu gripped onto his phone tighter. "So give up, Tougou! You've already lost! It's either you surrender peacefully.. or we're gonna have to keep fighting."

"And I'm sure none of us want to stick around the mansion any longer." Todo crossed his arms. "In case you forgot, we're in a burning building."

"I'm surprised you guys are actually calm about this.." Kara murmured. On the outside, he may just seem unsure, but on the inside, he was practically screaming on how they were going to get out. How could his brothers remain calm throughout all of this?!

"It's useless now." Ichi added. "Koroshi Tougou, for years now, you have managed to strike fear into the hearts of people of Akatsuka City.. you somehow are even worse than me, president of the darkest company in this entire country." He looked down at Jyushi in his arms, his eyes softening. "And you've killed so many.. have you not..? Including Kodoku's parents.. I must say I'm impressed by how determined Kodoku is to take you down. Trying to kill someone from Flag Corporation was your mistake, Koroshi Tougou."

"You pompous brat!" Tougou hissed, summoning more fireballs. "Don't make me laugh! You're the child who decided to overthrow his own father by killing him! You and your brother.. you are the true villains in Akatsuka City! If it weren't for you, people could have lived at peace." He made a maniacal grin. "But of course, anything can be brought and sold, yes? Atsushi-kun only needed to pay you.. and you had most people's information leaked out for that reason. Which one of us is really the worst?"

Ichi, surprisingly, remained calm. "I've been called a gold digger in my life, numerous times. Even by the people who are affiliated with my family. But I wasn't really in Flag Corporation for the money." He let out a huff. "Of course, I remained as the president in order to provide for my brother.. and maybe it's because I wanted to watch over my employees, especially those who have financial problems. As their president, their boss, I'm supposed to train them. But that's not just the reason." His grip on Jyushi tightened. "If I were to step down from my position, it was either Jyushi or Hatabou who would take my position."

"Wait.. Hatabou?" Kara turned to him. "But.. isn't Hatabou-"

"Yes, a childhood friend. Not too big, since my company should naturally go to Jyushi just in case something were to happen to me, not Hatabou. And I don't want my little brother to suffer through everything I went through.. the stress, the crime, the media, all of it. Neither Jyushi or Hatabou deserve that. Jyushi's still a growing child and Hatabou is already stressed enough being my right-hand man." He then glared at Tougou. "But Hatabou certainly didn't deserve to die.. right, Tougou?" He gritted his teeth. "Hatabou didn't deserve to die.. Jyushi didn't deserve to suffer.. so you only get what you payed for, Tougou."