Chapter 41: The Black King

The five of them hoped that Hatabou wouldn't kill them just for being late, especially with what Kara and Todo had to go through earlier that day. Iyami was the fastest to get dressed, since he was used to wearing his usual outfit that didn't have buttons and ties that were as annoying as Osomatsu's. As soon as Kara was finished taking a shower, he helped Todo get dressed while Chibita waited for Hatabou to knock and bring the suit. And he did, as soon as the door was opened by Iyami, Hatabou just handed him the suit and told them to hurry up. Their supposed "special guest" shouldn't wait for too long, he says. Chibita didn't waste any time, though he did glare at Iyami for commenting that the suit was "really tiny".

Kara's and Todo's were similar to Osomatsu's and his brothers' formal attire, except the blazers and pants were black. Chibita's suit looked exactly like Hatabou's, but if it was even possible, it was smaller. As for Iyami, he was wearing his usual attire. As Hatabou said, Iyami's normal clothes looked fancy and all, so they didn't need to worry much about that. What they needed to worry about, however, was Hatabou himself. Chibita and Iyami had explained things to Kara last night, right after Osomatsu and Todo had passed out and they were on their way back to the hotel.

Hatabou had destroyed a glass of water. Hatabou crushed so much chess pieces. Who was to say he couldn't twist Iyami's hand at a completely opposite direction? Hatabou was scary, yes, but with the current situation, he was sure to be much more deadly. Because Jyushi had been kidnapped. Jyushi was an important figure to Flag Copration. He was the president's little brother, possibly his only family left, and hell would probably be unleashed upon everyone if Ichi had been notified of such a thing.

Osomatsu hoped that Ichimatsu was at least a bit more calm in this dimension, and wouldn't try to kill anyone out of sheer anger. Todo was violent compared to Todomatsu, while Kara and Jyushi were much more tame and had lacked the amount of happiness, energy, and confidence Karamatsu and Jyushimatsu had. Ichi could be as deadly as Ichimatsu, or worse.

But they didn't need to worry about that! Ichi was still at France! Even if Ichi had been notified about the kidnapping of his little brother, he still had to remain at France for a week!

..Right?

The elevator doors opened and the five of them stepped out. Osomatsu was in the lead, since he was somehow the leader of their group. Todo usually walked beside him, but for now, both Chibita and Iyami were at both of his sides. Todo and Kara followed behind at the back, but Osomatsu didn't mind. He knew the events from earlier wasn't forgotten and Todo probably needed a bit of space. He was thankful Kara was there to watch over him, though. As long as Kara was around, Todo couldn't possibly hurt himself even more. Osomatsu could see the bandages peeking out of Todo's sleeve, and he hoped no one else but them noticed it. Todo probably wouldn't like it if someone were to point it out.

Osomatsu walked through the crowded area with his hands stuffed in his pockets, trying hard not to look anxious as the heels of his shoes clicked against the marble floor. Damn, where the hell was Hatabou? There were too many people here! He didn't honestly think that having a meeting in a place full of people was a smart idea, right?! Plus, Hatabou and Dekapan knew Osomatsu wasn't from this dimension! Were they literally going to have this discussion in a place like this?! "Uh, if anyone can see Hatabou, take my place as the leader. I literally can't see shit."

"You're the leader of this group?" Iyami cocked his head. Osomatsu pouted while Todo snorted from behind them, quietly snickering. He heard Kara lightly chide him from that. "All jokes aside, me thinks that there are way too many people here! More so than usual! Sheh, how does Hatabou expect us to find him in this crowd? He's not even as tall as most people here." He could feel Chibita's eyes glare at him. "Me's not saying you're puny, Chibita, but let's be real here. None of us can hope to spot Hatabou with a crowd like this."