Chapter 69: The Magician's Living Nightmare

"Why the fuck do you have such a big mansion?! This is like the fifth hallway we stumbled upon, and it still looks the same!"

Ichi would have gotten angry at Todo, but god, the pink demon was right. What were his ancestors thinking when they made this mansion?! Nearly every single hallway looked exactly the same, and the only way they could differentiate them from each other was from the newspapers, and the paintings that decorated the halls. Todo was the one in the front of the group, and now, he had decided to remove his blazer and tie it around his waist, as well as removing his mask in order to see better. Ichi had discarded his and Jyushi's masks earlier as well back at his father's office, since it was annoying him so much. Kara was behind Ichi, and at the back of the group was Osomatsu.

"We have yet another reason to burn it to the ground. I remember why I never liked going out of our shared room much.." Ichi murmured. Jyushi was still unconscious in his arms, and Ichi wanted Jyushi to wake up soon. Not that he was complaining about having to carry his little brother around, but Ichi was getting worried, even as Jyushi snored peacefully. "We only went out whenever our mom decided to jog around the forest every morning. That was actually kind of fun.." Maybe he and Jyushi should have a morning stroll at the park every morning as well.

As Todo lead the way by using his senses in a way similar back to when they were sneaking around Flag Corporation's building, Osomatsu looked around the hallways. He was curious about the newspapers that were sticking to the walls, but they never got a chance to slow down so he could read about them. He'd ask Lonely about them later. The leather journal he took from the study earlier looked rather suspicious, hence why Osomatsu took it, as disgusting as it looked. "It's a nice mansion, really. The only problem is that your ancestors weren't really creative with the design."

"Why would they even need to make the halls look similar to one another?" Kara frowned, crossing his arms. "Even the apartments at Akatsuka Apartment Complex managed to look different and unique, despite having the same space in every room." Kara couldn't really tell if this was the same hallway from earlier, or it was completely different. He had regretted not letting Todo "mark" a traveled hallway by punching a hole in the wall. It was plain disrespectful! Plus, Todo could hurt his hand if he attempted to punch a wall!

Still, who the hell designed this? Is this a reason why rich people shouldn't be allowed to live in a mansion that's not located in the city?

Osomatsu sighed, putting his arms behind his back as he walked. They were in a party, sure, but this was boring; they were just wandering in a dark corridor with their guards up, just in case someone was about to ambush them. Osomatsu thought it was rather pointless, before he heard the sound of footsteps. He instantly whirled around and took his phone out of his pocket just in case someone had a gun on them and tried to shoot them. "Who's there?!" He roared, stance defensive.

Todo did the same and turned to the direction Osomatsu was facing, but didn't leave his spot just in case something were to appear on his side. "What is it, Osomatsu?"

"Footsteps." Ichi answered for him, scowling. Jyushi slightly moved in his arms, and Ichi feared he was going to wake up at a bad time. "Kyabarie." Kara turned to him with a confused expression. "Come here for a second, will you?" As Kara approached him, Ichi gently pressed Jyushi's body into Kara's, gesturing him to spread his arms for Jyushi's body. "Hold him for awhile. Katsuna can fight, and I'm pretty sure Matsuno can as well. Just don't drop my brother."

Kara nodded, adjusting his hold on Jyushi. "Very well. I will keep him safe, so don't worry."

Ichi pulled out something from behind him, and the other three just realized it was Ichi's sheathed katana. He must have hidden it inside his blazer somehow, which didn't make any sense. "Seriously, where do you get that?" Osomatsu murmured as Ichi unsheathed the sword and practiced swinging it again, similar to a baseball bat. Osomatsu didn't even bother questioning where he got that; Chibita literally pulls his ladle out of nowhere, and Lonely was able to take out a sword with his magic bullshit. Why was he even questioning this when he and his brothers were literally supernatural beings, with one of them being able to defy the laws of reality just by questioning his own existence. No matter how hard he tried, he just couldn't wrap his head around that fact. "Hey! Easy with the sword, you might accidentally slice someone up!"