Chapter 120: The Link Between Brothers

"So you guys.. don't really know what we're talking about? Only Kara, Osomatsu, and I know about this 'reset' thing?" Todo asked for what seemed to be the thousandth time, making sure he was hearing this right. Kara was beside him, sitting on his bed as well, and so far, only Osomatsu and Kara seemed to remember what Todo remembered. The other two? Not so much, much to Todo's frustration. The pink-haired punk was obviously the opposite of patient. In fact, he was anything but patient. "Not a single thing? Not even the fact you guys woke up more than once today? Anything at all?"

Chibita and Iyami looked at one another, before nodding in unison. "Well, if we knew what you idjits were talkin' about.." Chibita scowled. "We wouldn't have lost our shit like that earlier, eh?" Ah, yes. Because Todo could definitely forget that ear-piercing shriek Chibita made when Todo mentioned something that was even remotely close to the words "time", "travel", "bullshit", and "reset". "I don't remember us goin' to the hospital and meetin' up with Hana and the rest.. an' I certainly don't remember leavin' ya idjits alone at the hospital, damn it. Sounds nice though, goin' with Hana and her friend, Homura, for a lil' break from this bullshit."

Todo's frown deepened. His cheeks were going to hurt for weeks if he kept frowning like this.

Fucking hell. Does this mean only me, Osomatsu, and Kara can remember? That doesn't make sense.. why us? Does it have something to do with the fact that.. we're Osomatsu's brothers from another dimension? Does this mean.. that Ichi, Jyushi, and Lonely remember the events too? This has to be some sort of connection.. somehow. Fucking magical bullshit and whatnot, why do I have to get involved? And Kara too.. these things are dangerous. I can clearly remember that Kamimatsu was able to slaughter Tougou with just.. a snap of his fingers.. but why didn't he just end us as well? Or.. is he playing with us like we're fucking toys? And Oso too.. where is he?

He felt his best friend's hand squeeze his. As usual, it was a gesture to soothe and comfort the distressed Tater Tot, who was now overthinking. And as usual, his friend's presence was more than enough for Todo to remember that he actually needed oxygen to live. "Todo." He said, accompanied with a tired sigh. "My dear friend, I know you are stressed. I am, too. And confused as well. I do hope to find out why we are the only ones that remember those events while our other friends cannot. There is a slight chance that there's something about us that differentiates us from Chibita-san and Iyami-san."

That's the only thing that makes senses 'round here.

"Took the words outta my mouth.." Todo muttered. "I'm starting to think that there's just.. something about our existence. Y'know? Like the moment Osomatsu came in, I nearly got fucking shot. That is not a coincidence. Hell, wasn't it kinda odd that Ichi was outta Japan when we visited Jyushi? And we only encountered Lonely- no, Choro, when we got too involved with Jyushi's life? And Oso too, Osomatsu's other self. We only encountered him once all of us were at the exact fucking place, all just ready to die. There's something about us."

"..Maybe in a way, we're connected to Osomatsu." Karamatsu looked at the door, waiting for the eldest Matsuno to come in the room once again so they'll be able to set their next plan. "And his brothers too. Don't you think? There's a lot of things going on around in Akatsuka City lately.. we cannot blame Osomatsu for that, but you said that Kamimatsu was able to cause the destruction of the world.. if not for whatever force stopped it.. right?"

"Yeah."

"Kamimatsu definitely has something to do with this then." Kara sighed yet again. Todo honestly felt bad for this guy. Days ago, he was just his usual, painful self, trying to be cool and mask his inner "mother hen" nature and whatnot to avoid appearing weak and gullible, but he had to break out of that fake character ever since he and Todo accompanied Osomatsu. He had to be the "parent" of the team, because who else was going to keep this train wreck together? Ichi? Dear god, the purple-eyed megalomaniac would only make it worse.