Chapter 152: Definition of Love

When Todo woke up, the first thing Kara told him was to fix the bed they shared. No problem, since he knew what to expect from Kara. So he made sure the bed was clean, as well as the floor, and sorted out the pillows. He'd rarely keep his room clean, but Kara had scolded him for being a mess (him, and not the room apparently) last night, so he tidied it up a bit, even if it meant just kicking the dirtied clothes around. And, to be honest, he actually liked how his room looked when it was nice and tidy. He just didn't feel like cleaning it before, because honestly, cleaning was boring, and the yakuza group took most of Todo's time.

Kara somehow made it, cleaning, interesting. Todo was really thankful to have a friend like Kara. He didn't really deserve him, he thought. As soon as Kara came in, he furrowed his brows in irritation and practically demanded that Todo clean his room. So they spent two hours fixing everything while talking about what they found in Todo's hellish room.

He had to admit, his room looked better than it did in the past few years, and a lot of the broken accessories and rubble from the spot that he often punched and kicked had been gathered and tossed somewhere else, probably with the rest of the clutter from his room. It was nice to see his small collection of toys clean and sitting on one shelf. Maybe he should continue collecting those toys once this is over.

I haven't been able to do my own things once Osomatsu arrived..

To be honest, Todo didn't have a set "daily routine", unlike Kara. He used to work at Sutabaa only for a short amount of time, so he had to get up early. When that failed, he was brought into the yakuza group, full-time, as if it was a job. And of course, Osomatsu freed him from that, and right now, Todo didn't really know what to do. For now, they had to keep it easy, despite all the weird things happening to them.

He remembered his next task though. Kara had to leave for groceries and get breakfast ready as soon as he got back. And Kara was a very quick chef, so.. he'd be done in a few minutes. Todo knew that waking up minutes before lunch wasn't a wise idea. His appetite would be non-existent as soon as he woke up. That means a lot of food would go to waste if the other three didn't wake up soon.

That's right. He had to wake up the others, so they can freshen up and enjoy their meal to the fullest, since they'll already be fully awake by the time Kara gets back to cook their breakfast.

Eight o'clock in the morning. Kara says he'll be back before nine. Yeah, time to wake up.

Kara didn't entrust him with much chores, except for simple instructions. Todo's anger issues made it hard for Kara to get anything done, and obviously, Todo felt really guilty about that. But thankfully, he hasn't lost his temper much recently. Heck, as soon as they got here, none of their furniture ended up missing a certain part! Everything was as they left it, in perfect condition.

He could tell Kara was pleased that no piece of furniture had to be replaced, and the wall Osomatsu punched yesterday didn't count.

Am I learning how to control my emotions..?

Todo hoped so. He really hoped he was changing for the best, as Todo hated having to explain to Kara that he was on the verge of destroying another table or sofa. He needed to learn how to handle his anger well.. before he hurts anyone he loves again.

Love.

How silly. Todo hated that word with a passion. What was the purpose of such a thing when Todo couldn't feel it? Was love something that Fuyu and Yuki displayed to one another? Something that was blooming between Hana and Chibita? Should Todo even be using that word to describe the feeling he felt for Kara and Osomatsu?