Chapter 39: The Lost One's Weeping

Osomatsu's eyes snapped open, greeting the ceiling of a familiar room upon opening them. His head throbbed, probably from exhaustion due to the hectic and lack of normality (even more so than usual) the previous night, and he enjoyed a moment of peace before he remembered the events from the dinner.

Jyushi, Osomatsu, Kara, and Todo were all forced to play a game with Hatabou. During Osomatsu's turn, the second before he won, the entire room was suddenly enveloped in darkness, probably as dark as Ichimatsu's view of the world. After the lights had went out for a reason the police were still trying to figure out (he did remember police officers arriving at the place), Todo had fished out his phone from his pocket and used the flashlight to at least see something to make everyone stop panicking, but when he shone the light directed at Jyushi's seat and found the sunny boy missing, everyone instantly panicked even more, no exceptions.

Not even Kara, who was usually in charge of calming everyone down.

Todo's crushing grip on his phone caused the poor thing to crack, and Osomatsu was sure it was broken by now, since the flashlight was flickering the last time he saw the small phone. Iyami, Todo, and Hatabou were all hysterical, with Todo repeating curses that his mind seemingly told him to spout out, Hatabou joining him in as Iyami ran around in the dark. Kara started panicking in a less violent way compared to Todo and Hatabou, who were pretty much breaking chairs at that point. Osomatsu remained standing in shock, still wondering how the boy beside him suddenly disappeared without a trace.

It had all happened in one night. Osomatsu didn't know if he passed out from shock or anything similar, but he awoke at the hotel room at five in the morning, by the sound of knocking. His phone was on the top of Kara's drawer, and Osomatsu could only assume that Kara had explained the situation to Choro. Speaking of Kara, he was sleeping on his bed, snoring softly. Both Iyami and Chibita, whose beds were across his and the alternate versions of his brothers', were snoring louder than Kara. Todo was nowhere to be seen. Not sleeping nor sitting on the bed, his bed was empty.

He wondered where Todo was. The sheets were on the floor, so it probably meant Todo struggled to get them off. Knowing how reckless he could be at times, Osomatsu thought it would make sense for someone like Todo to be messy when they woke up before Kara. Especially if he had to take a piss. Though judging by the sound of water running, he'd guess that Todo was in the bathroom, probably taking a bath and too busy listening to the sound of the shower to hear the door.

Osomatsu also noticed he wasn't wearing his pajamas, but he was wearing a white shirt with his family symbol and jeans. Not the most comfortable outfit to sleep in, but he wasn't complaining. He sat up and turned his head on all directions, looking for anything that seemed out of the ordinary. Still, as much as Osomatsu would like to recall the events of the previous night before doing anything else, the knocking became much more aggressive.

Osomatsu found himself walking over to the door and opening it before it could wake anyone else. He sighed and clicked the door open, turning the knob.

Hatabou was waiting for him, with someone waiting at the back. He was bigger than Hatabou and was also wearing a suit with a cute little bowtie, but his appearance caught Osomatsu off guard. "Hatabou." He murmured, before looking at the man accompanying him. Both of them had serious looks plastered across their faces. Who wouldn't? A very important person in their company just got kidnapped. And Osomatsu couldn't even remember how he ended up in the hotel room. "And.. Ookina Dekapan, I assume? Jyushi's guardian?"

He actually wears something else besides large pants and a lab coat in this dimension? Neat.

"Yes, jo. It's about Jyushi, jo." Hatabou replied, letting himself inside the room with Dekapan following behind, struggling to fit inside such a tiny door. Osomatsu wanted to snort in amusement, but seeing Hatabou's face made him rethink. This was the same guy that nearly killed him two days ago, he reasoned. But not just that. His rage when angered wasn't as amusing as Choromatsu's or Todo's. It was incredibly dangerous. "If you don't mind, we'd like to make this quick, jo. You wake up your friends and meet us at the lobby, jo. Dress formally, jo. Iyami can wear what he usually does, since it looks so formal and fancy, jo."