Chapter 137: Strawberry Brothers

It was a nice place, Jyushi realized as soon as Osomatsu carried him inside and plopped him on the bed. It was warm and Kara's room smelled like freshly-brewed coffee and cookies, and there were small pots of flowers by the windowsill, which added a little bit of color to the brown and white. Although, there was another color besides brown and white, and that was baby blue, which was the soft-looking and probably fuzzy carpet on the floor. It was also a nice, clean room that had a lot of space for pacing around, not that Jyushi would do so. He could barely walk after all, so he decided to stay in the bed with his legs crossed. If he tried moving them in any other position, they would hurt. And Jyushi hated pain, so he refused to move an inch. If someone tried to move him, chances are, he'd bawl like a baby. His legs tended to be sore when he stood in one place for too long, or kept walking, but they would also hurt if her were to suddenly shift in another position.

But the room felt welcoming. Despite it being so unfamiliar to Jyushi, he liked the warm and homely atmosphere. It made him feel safe for some reason. Still.. as safe as it felt, Jyushi was aware he needed to keep his guard up. The voice of his friend and his words were echoing in his head.. he could have sworn his friend had dragged him outside the cold earlier, but maybe.. maybe it was just a dream. He knew that he felt the cold snow against his skin, but when Jyushi woke up, he was at the hospital bed, not leaning against a tree.

He could hear the sound of Kara and Dayon happily chatting away as they seemingly discussed the snacks they were about to bake, and Todo seemed to be yelling at Lonely from the other room, and he was yelling at the green-eyed magician to stay still. Naturally, the noise only got louder and louder, so Osomatsu decided to shut the door and open the curtains, revealing the beautiful winter scenery that Jyushi adored so much. He glanced at the window and felt the want to go outside and play in the snow.. but Kara told him to rest. So for now, he was staying with Osomatsu.

"It's been awhile since I've been here! I slept here twice, you know! And even though it may look like a simple bed, this place makes you feel like it's your own home!" It was best not to mention the fact that the first time he slept at Kara's soft bed was after Todo had thrown him against the door and knocked him out, fearing that Jyushi might start to be scared of Todo as well. And as soon as he woke up, he had to rush to an abandoned building to save Todo and accidentally murder Atsushi. And again, the shock was too much, he blacked out and woke up at Kara's bed again. Now that he thought long and hard about it, Osomatsu seemed to have gotten used to the near-death situations, but not the sudden deaths of people he knew from his dimension.

Atsushi was his youngest brother's friend, and he was also the sextuplets' friend by default. Sure, he was busy living a good life and all, but whenever he dropped by, he would always bring a tub of ice cream for them. Hatabou was their childhood friend, so it was natural that Osomatsu would feel a little- no, it wasn't a little. He felt intense sadness and horror upon seeing Hatabou's corpse.. but no way in hell would he believe that Jyushi was the murderer. Tougou, as much as that man hurt and scared Osomatsu back when he was a child.. the Tougou of this dimension was so close to having a second chance. And Kamimatsu ripped that away from him.

He felt anger surge through his entire being just by remembering that. Who did Kamimatsu think he was to murder Tougou? Who did he think he was to judge Tougou? Just thinking about it made Osomatsu feel the urge to just punch the ever-living shit out of him-

And suddenly, Jyushi whimpered, bringing his sleeves close to his face and hiding them from Osomatsu's sight. Osomatsu realized that he was gritting his teeth angrily and he was clenching his fists. Ah. He was scaring Jyushi unintentionally. "O-Oh! Sorry about that, buddy. I wasn't angry at you, don't worry! I.. I was angry at something else. Something that hurt you and the others. I just hate him, but I don't hate you, okay?" He forced a smile. "You're probably hungry, aren't 'cha? Don't worry! Kara made us breakfast once, and lemme tell you, it tasted great! You like sweets, right?"