Chapter 155: Duality of Man

Kara normally had no problem trying to cook. It only took him a few minutes to create one dish, and he could do that even while multitasking, as it was a talent of his. But today was different. He came home later than usual just because of a minor injury, and when he did come home, it was an utter mess. He refused to believe that anyone in this room, not counting himself naturally, was actually an adult. They were all just a bunch of children.

Thankfully, the others settled down and focused on their own thing as soon as Kara said he would be preparing breakfast. Todo had been nice enough to offer help to Kara, and oddly enough, Ichi volunteered as well. Choro, obviously, went to take a bath to wash the milk off him, but not before Ichi gave him one paper bag of newly-bought clothes.

He also sprayed Choro with a bottle of water when the latter attempted to hug him in nothing but his underwear, crying tears of joy.

Still though. Kara thought Ichi would have preferred to sit down and do his own thing instead of being given the task to peel potatoes, but apparently, he was wrong. It was just so weird to see a snobby president of a big company with rolled sleeves and holding a peeler.

Maybe he's trying to get closer to Todo and prove me wrong? Ichi.. you really are a child then.. Todo just isn't like the others, you know.. it'll take awhile for you to understand him, especially if you haven't earned his trust yet. How do you expect him to open up to you and show his weaknesses without even doing so much as making an effort to do the same?

He could hear Choro's squealing from the bath, and Osomatsu's exasperated scolding, and, to be honest, it made him feel a little bit better. At least he wasn't the only one handling children around. And surprisingly, Osomatsu was capable of getting Choro to stay in the tub! Now the only problem was getting him out.

He'll manage. He's the eldest of his own family.

"I can see myself in these clear waters! It is a mirror! Look at how the water moves when my body does! Nature truly is a fascinating thing! And this little device can pour more water!" He yelled. "I can feel my body being cleansed even as I sit here! Cleanse me, waters! Get rid of the filth that sticks to my very core-!"

"Calm down! You're making it sound like we're pulling off some ritual!" Osomatsu yelled back. "You're so troublesome! Wash your hair while you're at it- is this paint?!" A moment of silence passed, and then Osomatsu screamed again. "It is paint, isn't it?! Not dye?! You're so gross, Choro! I thought your hair looked classy! That isn't even gel, is it?!"

"My hair? It is certainly classy, Pine! I have no idea what you are accusing me of." He giggled, splashing the water again. "Also, I have no idea where to buy 'gel' and those things used to color hair, so-"

"Where did you get this?! Why did you think this was gonna be a good idea?! Did you honestly apply both grease and paint to your hair?! You could have found a bottle of gel rather than finding a random pan of grease!"

"I found it in a bucket-!"

"CHORO!"

He can handle Choro.

Although, unlike the duo in the bathroom, the Suujis were doing something separately, which was probably something they weren't used to doing. Jyushi wouldn't do as much as to acknowledge Ichi as his own brother, though he did give him a polite "good morning". Ichi himself knew that, and kept himself distanced from Jyushi, and had Kara and Osomatsu give Jyushi all his toys so he can play with them instead of locking himself up in Kara's bedroom.

Ichi was happy that Jyushi thanked him, but now, his heart ached regardless.

He missed Jyushi, his little brother. The Jyushi with them wasn't his little brother at all. Jyushi wouldn't tear away from him like this, Jyushi would always cling to him like a scared child.