Chapter 102: Stalemate

When Osomatsu and the rest of the group met up with Yuki, they immediately hopped in Iyami's van and drove off to the hospital. The drive to the hospital was quiet, with Iyami focusing on the road, Osomatsu beside him, and Kara, Todo, Chibita, and Yuki at the back. Osomatsu had slipped out of his pajamas and into his casual hoodie, jeans, and red sneakers. He also brought his red sling bag with him that contained his phone, the notepad, a pen, the syringe, the small bottle that contained the liquid that was needed for the syringe, and a few lollipops that Osomatsu had taken from the grocery bag.

Even Kara and Todo had no time to get their usual clothes, and decided to just slip on their hoodies as well. Todo unfortunately forgot his headband back at the hotel, but Osomatsu saw Kara tying it up with a hair tie, so it was a ponytail for now. A rather messy ponytail, since Todo couldn't sit still and Kara was fidgety due to the anxiety he was currently experiencing right now.

Tch..! I can't believe we have to deal with this! I gotta text Choromatsu later about this.. and get to the bottom of whatever the fuck just happened to Jyushi. If only the other me was here..!

But he wasn't. Oso had left last night, claiming that he'd be up to something else that would assist Osomatsu in getting back home, but required them to go separately for the time being. Osomatsu honestly felt so bad about letting Oso do all the work, with Oso telling him that he should just relax for the time being. Even with the short amount of time they spent together, Osomatsu had already grown fond of Oso, and was worried what trouble the other him could have gotten into. Especially since Oso seemed to have some problems that he definitely couldn't solve by himself, even if he had powers that he got from who knows where.

..But Kamimatsu said that Oso.. took some of Kamimatsu's powers.. by force?

Kamimatsu also said something about Oso burning his left hand, if Osomatsu remembered correctly. Maybe that was the reason Oso's left hand had bandages around it?

His thoughts were cut off once Chibita and Todo yelled in unison, their voices so irritatingly loud enough that it could have destroyed Osomatsu's eardrums. Poor Kara and Yuki flinched at the loudness of the rowdy duo's voices screaming together. "We're here, finally!"

Iyami immediately parked the van as soon as they arrived at the hospital, and Todo and Chibita instantly jumped off the moment it was safe to say that they wouldn't get arrested for nearly running over more than twenty people in one day. They were followed by Osomatsu and Kara, and Yuki had to help poor Iyami get around. The moment that Kara and Osomatsu got into the hospital building, Todo and Chibita were instantly at the information desk, their panicked voices mixing together as the nurses tried to calm them down and keep Chibita out of the counter.

They only calmed down when they were given an answer to where Jyushi's room was, and they were thankful for Yuki chiming in and reassuring the nurses that they wouldn't cause trouble at all. Naturally, they had doubts, with how terrifying Chibita and Todo were both acting. The group was then lead by Yuki to where Jyushi's room was, but when Yuki's hand was pressed against the doorknob, he gulped and looked at them with serious eyes that were nearly obscured by the light reflecting on his glasses.

"Are you all ready?" He asked them, beads of sweat visible on his forehead and worry visible on his features. "He was scared when he saw his older brother.. and I never saw him that scared before. Do you think you guys can handle having Jyushi look at you with such fear in his eyes?" He turned to Osomatsu, and the eldest Matsuno instantly knew what he was talking about. "I know you care for him, to the point that seeing him in pain hurts you so much. But can you guys handle seeing him so scared? If not.. I think it's best if you guys stay outside-"