Chapter 36: Hatabou's Game

If there was anything to describe the current situation, it was awkward. While the other employees at other tables were chatting freely, with some getting ridiculously drunk after drinking, the group of seven at the table at the back were all suffering from deafening silence. Since Fuyu and Yuki were both absent, there were two empty seats, and both were on each side of Hatabou. Kara sat next to Todo, who sat next to Jyushi, who sat next to Osomatsu, who sat next to Iyami, who sat next to Chibita. Both sides of Hatabou were currently empty, and he didn't even mind that. He could sense Osomatsu's sudden protectiveness towards Jyushi, plus, Osomatsu was holding onto Jyushi's wrist as tight as he could.

Speaking of Jyushi, he was trying to act okay when he clearly wasn't. His smile was quivering and his eyes were trembling, darting in every direction possible. Osomatsu kept his eyes focused on Hatabou's movements, though Todo was busy looking around the restaurant. Probably for an exit, if that was possible. Or he was memorizing every spot all of Jyushi's bodyguards were walking on. Kara was obviously stressed out, but he was trying so hard to keep his cool, for himself and for Todo. Iyami and Chibita haven't said a word ever since they met up with the other four at the limo, and Osomatsu was planning on choking one of them if they didn't speak up soon.

Hatabou was relaxed, however. His legs were crossed underneath the table and his hands were on his lap, eyes calmly analyzing the people around the same table he was sitting at. "Why the serious mood, jo?" He asked calmly. Jyushi flinched at the sound of his voice, and Osomatsu's hold tightened, though it wasn't too painful. Todo's eyes seemed to become much more hostile, and Hatabou could see him gritting his teeth. "Calm down, jo. No one is going to get hurt by my orders, jo. At least, not physically, jo." The briefcase he had bought with him was underneath the table, though he decided to open it and show the contents to everyone else. Multiple files, similar to the ones Chibita and Iyami were skimming through earlier. "Let's play a game, jo. Which of the three of you will go first, jo? We're going to read your files aloud, which contains information gathered by Flag Corporation. And Jyushi over there." The yellow-eyed male looked down at his own lap as soon as his name was mentioned. "Will do something amazing, jo. A magic trick, maybe."

By three, he meant Osomatsu, Kara, and Todo. Osomatsu wasn't sure what Hatabou was planning which got Jyushi so scared, but before he could say something, Todo slammed his fists against the table, causing the glasses and silverware to rattle, the saltshaker popping open as it toppled over. Some of the other customers turned to them, but quickly turned away once Todo made a killer glare. "Me first."

"Alright, jo. Katsuna Todo." He plucked out a file from the briefcase. "Jyushi over there will state some.. information about you, jo. Whether it'd be something important or trivial, Jyushi will say anything, jo. And you say whether it's true or false, jo."

Everyone turned to Jyushi, who had taken a deep breath. "K-Katsuna Todo." He repeated Todo's name, nervously avoiding eye contact with the confused pink demon. He couldn't possibly be serious, was what Todo was thinking. Even though Jyushi was the president's little brother, there was no way Jyushi could know about the information. He was the same guy that forgot to bring a jacket after his brother told him to bring one exactly fourteen times! But much to Todo's horror, Jyushi started to talk. "Um, he's twenty-two years old. He excels at Physical Education, Arts, History, and English. His club back at high school tended to be the Martial Arts club. He was often at the same class as his childhood friend, Kyabarie Kara."

Todo's eyes widened. He was sure Jyushi wasn't a student at his or Kara's school back when he was a teen, and those were such trivial things! "How the fuck do you-"

Jyushi interrupted him, quickly thinking of something else to say. "Um, he has a sweet tooth and his favorite breakfast happens to be pancakes with strawberries. He also drinks alcohol. He doesn't smoke, though. Um, his favorite colors are pink and black. He doesn't like the color lime green, since it seemingly makes him nauseous. His hobbies include playing carnival games that involve throwing or darts, watching sports, or training himself. He has.. a lot of fears.. even though he tries to keep a tough facade." Jyushi was trying so hard to ignore Todo's shocked face, as every secret or anything about him was slowly being revealed. "He's.. afraid of making big decisions. He's afraid of letting other people know his fears and weaknesses. He's also afraid of losing-"