Chapter 58: Leaving The Past

So basically, the Suuji Family has been.. around for a long, long time. They are involved with the founding of Akatsuka City and whatnot, so I guess they really are important figures in this city. Which might also be the reason why the brothers are to be feared and are born in a high position, with Suuji Ichi being a president of a company despite not attending college after he graduated high school. As for Suuji Jyushi.. he is an unexpected surprise to the Suuji Family, but nonetheless, he has his own role to fulfill.

Lonely had been worried over Jyushi the entire afternoon, and he would be lying if he said he didn't care for his well being. Once he carried him back to his study and covered him with a blanket, he decided to use his spare time to research the history of the manor he was living at. Jyushi hadn't been lying when he said the mansion did in fact belong to the Suuji Family, and it had been there before the grandfather of Jyushi's father was even born. It might also explain the paintings of multiple people that decorated the halls, which were now covered with newspapers thanks to Lonely littering all over the place. The manor was now abandoned because Jyushi's older brother decided to abandon his past along with it, taking Jyushi with him.

Well. They were rich, so it was natural for them to live in a mansion, but Ichi had wanted to leave everything behind, with the exception of Jyushi himself and a few significant items with him.

It may also explain one of the many rooms.. which have a lot of old weapons and some letters decorating the walls.

He could only guess that the room was the study of Jyushi's father. When Lonely first found the mansion, he didn't bother checking the books on the shelves or anything of the like, because he knew the place was empty of people and he was free to live in it no matter what. But now that he decided to actually look around instead of using the halls and rooms as places to stick his notes at, he could clearly see that the mansion was older than him or any of Jyushi's recently passed relatives. Besides the weapons ranging from different kinds of swords to an actual collection of guns, there were also letters from the ancestors of the Suuji Family that were framed and hanging up on the walls.

Most of the letters were directed to the future generation of the Suuji Family, which happened to be useless pleads to fulfill the true wish their family had for decades now. But Ichi and Jyushi were the only ones left in the family, meaning they are the future and were in charge of which direction to go. It was up to them if they wanted to fulfill it, though.

So the Suuji Family used to have a lot of warriors fighting back in the day, huh? That'd explain the weapons. It's hard to think that such a cold and brutal family such as the Suuji Family has a member so sweet and kind. As far as I'm concerned, Suuji Ichi and Suuji Jyushi are the only ones to rebel against the family by going against what is considered their laws and traditions. I wonder if both brothers are planning on continuing their family line. And Suuji Ichi is the only member of the family to actually have a baby sibling who doesn't happen to be a girl that was given away.

Lonely absolutely loved history, so reading deeper about the Suuji Family had been quite a wild ride. The books on the shelves were helpful, and it didn't take Lonely long enough to fully understand what the family had lived and worked so hard for. It wasn't justice or freedom for one's country (as most heroes fought for), but it was nothing more than a rather selfish wish.

Absolute power and perfection was what they wanted, and power over all of Akatsuka, and possibly, all of Japan, was what they desired. Of course, back in the day, there was discrimination against women due to the fact people believed men were far superior and women were just pretty damsels. Thankfully, we live in a modern era where both genders can terrorize a city and it doesn't even matter. Hence why the only females in the Suuji Family happened to be wives and mothers. Things such as aunts or sisters don't exist, so no wonder the brothers don't have any uncles, aunts, or cousins. They would usually only have one child as well, so we have the mother to thank for giving birth to Suuji Jyushi despite the traditions. Hm, but I guess the father didn't take that lightly.