Chapter 105: Curtain Call

"Nii-san.. don't leave me.. nii-san.."

Kaoru needed an excuse to usher out Ichi without causing too much of a scene. While he succeeded in feeding Jyushi and getting him to drink something, he didn't expect Jyushi to crawl over to Todo and cuddle his side out of fear. Osomatsu and Kara both seemed to be thinking of the same thing as well, and considering Ichi managed to break another pair of glasses, this time by snapping it with his fingers, they knew that they needed to do something. Fast. A murder could be done anywhere but a hospital, for crying out loud.

Thankfully, a nurse had opened the door before Ichi could do anything. Osomatsu instantly noticed how her eyes were a gold color, similar to Jyushi's yellow eyes. Her black hair was also tied into a bun. As much as Osomatsu had a thing for pretty girls in nurse outfits, there was something about that girl that just seemed.. off. Which was an odd thing to say since he just met this woman today, here at the hospital. "Sir Suuji Ichi? Sorry for disturbing you."

Ichi turned his head to her, his eyes full of hatred. "What do you want?" He snarled, curling his fists. That tone of his voice caused Kara to flinch and back away a bit, and Jyushi's hold on Todo tightened out of fear, whimpering. It was good that Ichi now had his attention on the nurse rather than Jyushi and Todo, because Ichi would have probably destroyed the hospital bed upon seeing Jyushi cling onto Todo. Todo hesitantly wrapped his arms around Jyushi and hugged him, trying to soothe him.

The nurse seemed unfazed. Osomatsu instantly knew that this woman hated her job. He was impressed by how calm she seemed to be though. Then again, a hospital was a place full of anxiety of the people and patients alike, as well as people who were probably dying. Or dead, who knows. As morbid as it sounded, that was the sad truth. "Sir, there seems to be a problem regarding the other patient you have brought in last night." She said, clutching her clipboard on her chest while her pen was tucked on her ear.

"Which one? I brought in four patients last night; my brother, Kodoku, Yowai, and Ongaku." Ichi clicked his tongue in annoyance, crossing his arms. "Yowai Totoko had awoken hours ago, correct? Her parents are on the way, I had contacted them already. As for Ongaku Reika.. we'll look for something about her, she has no family left, but she's feeling better, compared to both Yowai and Jyushi." He glanced at his brother, and Todo could feel Ichi's glare stab through his soul when he saw Jyushi cling into Todo tighter. Taking a deep breath, he turned away from them and faced the nurse again. "Is it Kodoku then? You and the other doctors didn't allow us to see him, unlike Yowai and Ongaku."

"Yes. It's him. Sir Kodoku appears to be a bit.. underweight. I don't know what your personal connection to Sir Kodoku is, but I do know that he hasn't been eating properly for.. awhile." She started flipping the pages of her clipboard. "He just woke up a few minutes ago, but he told us not to let you know." She snorted, knowing perfectly well that she just destroyed Lonely's wish. "The thing is, when we tried feeding him something, he instantly vomited it out. And it was nothing heavy, just bread and soup, and some sliced pears."

Osomatsu felt the hair on his skin stand up straight. The room seemed to have gotten colder all of a sudden. "Is.. is he sick then?" He hoped not. Jyushimatsu was sick, but finally had the cure. He hoped that Lonely wouldn't have to stay at the hospital for so long, especially since Oso told them to relax.

Or maybe it's because Choro is an alternate version of Fappymatsu. And I'm worried as fuck.

That probably was it.

"He probably can't eat too much food for now. When we asked him what he has been eating recently, he just answers that he often eats bread with jam, porridge, or just crackers. If not those, then it's apple pies or raw onions. As in, onions that have been peeled. He eats it just like that." Noticing the looks of disgust on the others' faces, she silently agreed with them. "He also said there was an instance where he ate raw onions for an entire week or so. And for two straight years-"