Chapter 150: Crybaby Robot

Choro lay in the carpet with Lizzy in his arms, quietly sobbing.

Poor kid doesn't deserve anything he's going through.

Osomatsu couldn't imagine what Choro was feeling right now, because unlike the other, he wasn't too much of a crybaby back when he was Choro's age. He was such a reckless brat.

When Osomatsu was eight, he could remember constantly picking on Jyushimatsu, which made Ichimatsu angry at him and hide bugs in Osomatsu's futon as revenge. Of course, Osomatsu was smart enough to back off afterwards, knowing how far Ichimatsu would go if his favorite brother was bullied, even by Osomatsu himself. Of course, he tried picking on Todomatsu, but the youngest was extremely petty and very cunning, and made sure Osomatsu suffered twice as much as he did for doing a simple bucket-on-the-door-prank.

So with three younger brothers out of the way, one might expect Osomatsu to finally stop or just pick on Karamatsu and Choromatsu. But Choromatsu was scary when angered, and Karamatsu was.. well..

I can still feel the punch in my cheek.

Well, Osomatsu guessed that was why Karamatsu was so doting on the other four and very dismissive of Osomatsu at times. His shitty behavior as a kid might have caused Karamatsu to get a protective side, even though his behavior towards the others was merely just a joke. Osomatsu wouldn't actually upset his brothers in any way, as their happiness was important to him.

And honestly? Osomatsu was mature, even with his childish personality. He had mastered the arts of "having no redeeming traits besides being the eldest one", and had nothing to lose. Except when he died, that title would pass on to Karamatsu, and so on if the painful brother were to die, which Osomatsu hoped would never happen. His redeeming quality wouldn't disappear with a change of personality, so Osomatsu never gave much thought of it.

Maybe this is when he should start showing his brotherly instincts. When a curled child was sobbing on the carpet, wanting to see his parents and understand what was going on. He would have hugged him in his arms and assured him that everything was going to be okay, even when it clearly wasn't.

What even was Oso trying to show him? Osomatsu knew how Choro's childhood ended. His parents would get murdered by Tougou, and the poor thing would fend for himself until Osomatsu somehow ended up in the other dimension, and lead to Jyushi's kidnapping.

But maybe even Oso realized the flaws in Choro's story. He'd never been known in Akatsuka City as a live, breathing human, and even if he did, only the files proved that. Surely, the citizens of Akatsuka noticed a weird dude in a suit and cape, flying through Akatsuka City in the middle of the night on a hang glider.

I mean, Oso is definitely a genius. What is it that he could have found..? Maybe something I missed? Why is he even showing me this?

He could hear heavy footsteps from above.

"What's going on, Lizzy?" Choro looked up worriedly. "M-Maybe.. maybe apple pie isn't worth it, Lizzy. We have to check on mommy, even if she told us not to."

Yes! We need to check! If not, then they might- actually, never mind! You're eight, listen to your parents, otherwise, some psycho might traumatize you for life! ..But that's inevitable..

It was hopeless, thought Osomatsu. No matter what option Choro went with, he'd end up an orphan. Or if not that, then he'd end up dead. But it was best to ensure Choro remained alive, not like anything was going to change even with Osomatsu sitting as a stuffed animal. Osomatsu couldn't tamper with anything in Choro's past, only witness it-