Chapter 13: Grey Skies and The Shining Sun

He was gonna get his ass handed to him by the boss again, Todo knew. And he's also going to have yet another argument with Kara, which would result to him throwing a tantrum and locking himself up in his room like a teenage girl, ultimately guilt-tripping Kara in the process, they make up, and back to square one. Especially after Todo just attacked one of his guests, one that claimed to be his brother and was ridiculously strong enough to take him on. He scoffed. Bullshit. And what was with that tiny guy and the guy with the large teeth? Todo wondered about that.

Tch, whatever. It's not like it's gonna matter much.

He then felt something vibrate in his pocket. Taking out a pink cellphone, one Kara helped him save enough money to buy it, he unlocked the screen and found a text message. He frowned, not wanting to be bothered after he just thrashed his own place, scared the daylights out of his best friend's guests, nearly killed one of them, and had slowly destroyed his friendship with Kara. Still, if he didn't want to end up with a missing tooth or with blood staining his clothes again, he at least had to pretend to give a shit.

From.. Dayon? He bit his lip. Dayon was one of his only two friends, the other being Kara. Sure, the guy was a bit eccentric and was a bit too friendly in a way that reminded Todo of Kara, but this guy had his limits. When push comes to shove, this guy was absolutely dangerous. Many people in their group found it unsettling to be around him, but since Todo barely cared at all, he somehow managed to become his friend. Not that he minded that Dayon sometimes went straight to the apartment in worry if Todo was late for more than thirty minutes, it was quite fun to have him around.

"You're late today, Todo! The boss left Atsushi in charge, since he's busy as always! But Atsushi got really mad that you were late and was planning on beating you up with the other guys! But I volunteered instead, so you don't have to worry about getting any punishment today! If I'm not there at the meeting or any activities, it probably means I'm patching myself up or dead! Have a good day, Todo!"

He stopped dead in his tracks, eyes staring blankly at the screen. This man could be morbid with his humor at times, but the fact that he volunteered for Todo's supposed punishment was what caught his attention. He always does this whenever Todo gets punished for disobeying or being late. He gripped his phone in his hand shakily, trying not to let it bother him too much. Still, his mind drifted elsewhere; to seeing Kara last night looking like hell, seeing a doppelganger claiming to be from another dimension in which they were brothers, getting beaten by said doppelganger, and retaliating when the other was too busy thinking about something.

He wasn't paying attention to where he was walking, so he ended up bumping into a stranger instead. "Oof!" Though he did stumble and drop his phone, it wasn't necessarily something painful or something to throw a tantrum for, unlike what most delinquents would do if someone dared to touch them. The stranger that bumped into him dropped his own cane and landed on his butt, yelping. Todo quickly picked up his phone and offered a hand to the stranger who he had accidentally bumped into. "A-ah. Sorry. I wasn't looking-"

"It's fine! Just an accident, that's all!" The other replied with a happy tone, catching Todo off guard with how loud he was. So loud that some people actually stopped to look at them. "But I could use some help! My legs are a bit frail and I can't get up on my own! And if I sit all day in the sidewalk, my big brother's gonna get really worried! He might not let me on my own again, especially since my wheelchair is still being repaired! Some of my friends broke it and my brother got really angry!"

Frail legs? Wheelchair? Ah, so this guy had a difficulty walking. But Todo could see this man wasn't any older than him, nor did he look any younger. Probably the same age as him. Still, he let the other hold his hand and he helped him up as the other's legs wobbled. Todo quickly knelt down to pick up the other's cane and hand it to him. "Here you go. Do you think you can walk all on your own?" He asked carefully. He was actually surprised at the fact that this guy didn't react as anyone else when he accidentally bumped into them. He was dressed like a delinquent, so people feared him. But this one? Absolutely no fear at all.