Chapter 16: Danger Zone

"So, not really the greatest plan in the universe but better than nothing, so listen up." Todo clasped his hands together, Chibita and Iyami nodding in agreement. Chibita decided to wear his coat back, but let Todo borrow his scarf for the time being. They'd need to patch him up as soon as he got back home though. "Since Atsushi is pompous enough to believe that the door is unbreakable, I'm gonna prove him wrong by kicking it down. Plus, no one's guarding the basement. Morons believe in ghosts, and Atsushi's lackeys are one of them. Plus, this place stinks. Once I break the door, we go at the elevator. If someone's waiting for the elevator to open up, we beat the shit out of 'em and run straight to the exit. Alright?" After this, he was probably never coming back here ever again.

Todo could fight his own battles with or without a weapon, but scorpion kicks were his main attack. He couldn't find anything useful in the basement to use as a weapon, but he'll probably pick up something to throw on the way out. Chibita somehow got a ladle from somewhere, though Iyami told Todo not to worry about it too much since it was some sort of ability Chibita had ever since he started an oden stand. Iyami had picked up a crowbar with dried blood lying around, and though he tried to give it to Todo instead, Todo assured him he would be fine and Iyami needed it more.

Todo could be nice at times, it seemed. Or he just didn't want to be stuck with those two for a week. Either way, he was being really nice by even helping them get out at the first place. "You can break down that door? It looks sturdy, idjit. Can you even handle it?" Chibita asked with an unsure expression. Aside from the fact Todo wasn't planning to use his arms due to the fact they were incredibly sore, failing to destroy the door with a kick might result into one of his legs breaking, one of his supposed weapons and only weapons. "If you can't, let's try looking for something else that can pick the-"

Chibita was interrupted when Todo suddenly ran towards the door, jumped into the air, and proceeded to kick down the door as he landed. Todo let out a deep breath and dusted his pants while the duo looked at him in shock, wondering how strong Todo really was. He wasn't able to break the door by kicking Osomatsu against it, but when he straight-up kicked it? The door fell down. "There." He pointed to the elevator. "We go that way. Prepare yourselves just in case we get attacked as soon as the elevator doors open. And if we do face some pests, don't move unless I do." He walked towards the elevator with the duo trailing behind him.

Once inside, Todo seemed to be preparing himself for an attack, since he was cracking his knuckles and stretching his arms. Iyami fidgeted around nervously while shakily holding the crowbar, and Chibita calmed himself as he tried to calm his breathing. The elevator's small space wasn't doing any justice for the three of them. "Me wonders if this is going to work. What if we get outnumbered again?" Iyami asked.

Todo shrugged. "What're you worrying about for? We can do this. Just run as fast as you can and don't stop. Attack anyone who tries to stop you. Swinging your weapon aimlessly works every time."

Chibita really didn't think swinging a weapon around was a good idea. Then again, Todo was a good fighter so he didn't really say anything about it. Besides, Todo was right; wasting an entire week in the basement could probably kill both him and Iyami out of boredom, and kill Todo due to how he was bleeding from his head. He had to get patched up as soon as they got back. Still. The elevator ride was kind of long, but Todo told them earlier it's because of how old the building was. "Todo." Todo turned to Chibita, one eyebrow raised. "Why'd ya join this kind of thing if you get beat up by 'em? You talked like you didn't even wanna be in here in the first place."

A scowl formed on Todo's lips and he let out an annoyed huff. He was probably gonna shift the topic to something else. "Now's not the time to ask about that. Worry over your own selves before you worry 'bout my reasons." A ding was heard, signifying they were on the first floor. According to Todo, the elevator would open and lead them to a lobby, but Todo didn't really care which exit they chose. Whether it be the side, the back, or the front, they just had to make a run for it. "Alright, you two ready?"