Chapter 107: Childish Promises

After Kara had ran out, Osomatsu dragged Ichi with him to follow after the blue-eyed cavalier in panic, yelling at him to slow down and explain himself. Kaoru picked up the letter and skimmed through it, before hastily running out as well. Unfortunately, the ex-policeman had brought the letter with him, so Todo was left wondering what was going on. He would have ran out of the room as well, but Jyushi was still clinging onto him, and there was something so unnerving about the nurse, so no way in hell was Todo leaving Jyushi with the likes of her. Thankfully, she had left once Kaoru ran out, so it was only Todo with Jyushi now.

"Jyushi." He stroked the other's hair softly. It felt so weird being hugged this long. He didn't mind being hugged in general as long as it was someone he was close to, like Kara. Not that he was saying he wouldn't give Jyushi a hug when he obviously needed it. But being clung into for a long amount of time was getting a bit uncomfortable. Especially since Todo normally hated physical affection in the first place. He would have pushed Jyushi away if he hadn't been able to feel guilty for thinking about such thoughts. "Can you look up for a moment? Please?"

Jyushi shyly looked up at Todo's face, almost afraid that Todo would hurt him. The pink-haired punk noticed that there was nothing wrong with Jyushi's eyes. They were the usual bright yellow, but with a bit of fear visible. No sign of Kamimatsu controlling him like a puppet. Carefully, he put a hand on Jyushi's cheek. Somewhat cold, but that was to be expected when Jyushi had spent the night at the hospital. The yellow-eyed male nuzzled into Todo's hand, closing his eyes. "Nii-san.."

Todo wanted to correct him so bad. He wasn't Jyushi's older brother, he wasn't anyone's older brother. He was an only child. But seeing Jyushi like this.. his eyes softened. He couldn't push him away, not when Jyushi didn't even know what was going on. There was something about Todo that made Jyushi think he was his older brother, and he himself didn't know what it was, but it didn't matter right now. He needed to calm Jyushi. "You must have been scared." He murmured. Jyushi nodded in agreement. "Well.. could you at least tell me anything you remember? Anything at all?"

Jyushi pulled away and put a sleeve-clad hand onto his mouth, trying to cover up the frown on his face. "..My name.. my name is Jyushi.. and I like sweets..?" He looked up at Todo. Of course. Jyushi had been called "Jyushi" by everyone earlier, so it was natural he would believe he really was Jyushi. The sweets thing though.. did he learn that from Kaoru when the latter insisted that he should eat the pastries? That, or Jyushi remembered he liked sweets upon eating the pastries. "..That's it.. nii-san.."

He really thinks I'm his older brother, huh? Well, we do share the same face.. but so do Osomatsu, Kara, Ichi, and Lonely. Shouldn't he trust Ichi more? I mean, Ichi was probably the first one he saw when he awakened.. why was he so scared of Ichi earlier..?

"Well.. since you seem to have trouble remembering.. I'll try to remind you a few things that I know of. Don't get your hopes up though. I only met you days ago, so I don't know everything. Just the basics and stuff." He sighed, brushing his hair out of his eyes. He was honestly bad at this. Of all people, why did fate decide that he should act as Jyushi's older brother for the time being? Poor guy didn't deserve trash like him. At least Ichi was capable of babying him. Todo wasn't used to being so gentle with his words.

Jyushi cocked his head to the side. "Okay then.. so who are you..?"

And by god did Todo hate introductions. "I'm Katsuna Todo, if you're wondering who I am. I gave you my jacket days ago, when you got lost out there in the city.. you were getting coffee for your guardian, if I remember correctly." He noticed Jyushi suddenly look at him in fear. "You.. you live at Flag Corporation, as far as I'm concerned. You're a pretty rich kid, so anything you want, you can get easily. As for your family.." He bit his lip. "Your mom and dad.. aren't around. But there's Ichi, so that's a relief, eh?"