Chapter 44: Lonely's Letter

"The meeting will now begin just as it should have an hour ago, so everyone, please settle down in your places or stand still if there aren't any sofas to sit on anymore. Once again, my name is Suuji Ichi, the president of Flag Corporation, and for the last time, I'm fine. Nothing too serious, even though Katsuna just broke my spectacles with how strong he is. Such an impressive individual."

How much of a pompous ass do you have to be to call glasses "spectacles"? What era are we living in, Captain Katana?

It was unsafe to be far from Osomatsu when the sofa he was sitting on was across Ichi's, even though Fuyu and Yuki were on the other side of the room, holding Ichi's katana to ensure it was far away from them as possible. Kara and Todo still sat beside Osomatsu, except Todo had a really tight grip on Osomatsu's arm this time and the ice packs strapped on Kara were removed minutes earlier. Iyami and Chibita were back at the lobby, and they were at opposite sides of the sofa, meaning Osomatsu was basically at the middle at this point. Ichi still sat by himself, with Hatabou on one side, and Dekapan on the other. Hana and Homura were still probably at the café, wanting to avoid the mess Ichi made.

Todo's blazer was tied around his waist, since it had felt a little too stuffy for him earlier and his arms felt sweaty. The sleeves of his polo were rolled up, and Kara was glad he didn't seem to be uncomfortable with displaying the bandages on his left arm. And since Todo's hair was an absolute mess with strands popping out everywhere, Kara thought it would be better to attempt to tie into a small ponytail. Fuyu was a woman, so she naturally had a few hair ties with her and didn't mind giving Kara one.

Todo had a really, really shiny forehead, Osomatsu had pointed out when Kara combed back Todo's hair and Todo nearly bit off his finger with a growl. He really was such a wild animal, but Osomatsu couldn't help it; because of the sweat, Todo's forehead was pretty shiny and he just had the urge to poke fun at it. But losing a finger wasn't worth it. Todo's teeth were sharp after all.

As for Ichi, his glasses were now absent, though he did order a random employee to get him a new pair similar to his old one. While Todo had a plaster on the area he was cut by the sword, Ichi looked fine, despite the black eye. It didn't seem to bother him, since he just kept doing what he was supposed to do without screaming for someone to get him an eye patch. He wasn't a stereotypical bratty rich guy, so Osomatsu was thankful that Ichi didn't even care that he had a black eye and was basically doing nothing to cover it. It was more tame compared to a sword piercing through him, which was what Todo would have done if Yuki didn't grab the sword earlier.

Though Todo punched Ichi at the face the moment he walked back in and said something Todo considered highly offensive. Thankfully, Ichi didn't retaliate and Todo got a scolding from Kara.

Still, Todo shouldn't have punched Ichi straight at the eye for pointing out he looked like a mess. Honesty's the best policy after all!

"You may speak now, any of you." Ichi prompted. "I only want to know what happened to my little brother at the restaurant before the lights went out. You were all having a nice dinner, yes?"

It wasn't really pleasant having to wait for someone to tell you they needed to talk, and if they did try to say something else, another fight could break out between Todo and Ichi. Osomatsu glanced at both of his brothers and both of his friends, who had nodded in agreement. Osomatsu should talk first, since he was the self-proclaimed leader and they all agreed on this at the last minute. "Alright. Uh, first thing's first; we weren't having dinner, Ichi. I should know, since we weren't eating or drinking anything when Hatabou made us play that stupid game. Hell, Hatabou himself yelled out something like that, didn't he guys? Something along the lines.. 'We still haven't gotten our orders! Do you want us to starve, jo?!', if I remember correctly.."