Chapter 19: Yet Another Road Trip

When Iyami had arrived, Chibita immediately led him to the table and explained their next course of action as Iyami ate. The con-artist was grateful that Kara was nice enough to leave him food, since he left the hotel early and didn't get any breakfast as a result. Though when he arrived, he found Osomatsu and Todo wrestling on the floor as Osomatsu kept yelling about a tater tot, with Todo baring his fangs and trying to claw Osomatsu's face. They only stopped once Chibita yelled at them, so he could be able to explain to Iyami.

Osomatsu had stopped teasing Todo an hour ago and had went to tell Choromatsu about their plan, as well as take a bath. Todo and Kara decided to pack their own clothes, when Iyami and Chibita heard the two friends talking over a dilemma from the living room. "Todo, my dear friend! I forgot! Who shall water and keep our lovely Rosa company?!" He said dramatically, gesturing to the ficus. Her flower pot had been shattered yesterday due to Osomatsu's haste, but thankfully, Kara had another flower pot just in case something like that happened. "And who shall clean the house?! Who shall ward off any pests that plot to hurt dear Rosa?!"

Todo rubbed his forehead in exasperation, trying his best to ignore the somewhat confused looks of Iyami and Chibita. They were discussing about this stupid ficus again, and Todo had never wanted to strangle a fucking plant in his entire life. "I thought that fucking plant had died when I saw it lying on the ground yesterday.. guess I was wrong." He mumbled to himself, crossing his arms. "Look, if this is such an issue that Rosa's gonna be lonely for a good amount of time and our house is somehow gonna end up being a wreck, why don't I just call Dayon over to look after the place while we're gone and all? I mean, ever since yesterday, he's been wondering what to do with his life now that he's not a yakuza. And I'm sure he loves housework and having something to do." Todo suggested.

Kara seemed to like that idea, because his eyes practically sparkled and he clapped his hand together. "Wonderful idea as always, Todo! You are so lucky to have a friend such as Dayon! And I am so blessed to have such an intelligent friend living under the same roof as I!"

Todo sighed. His best friend was really such an idiot at times. Still, he couldn't help but be amused at him. He made a small grin directed at Kara. "No problem, Kara. Let's just continue packing, okay? You can decide some of my clothes, I guess." Though they only met him yesterday, Todo didn't really seem that much of a threat anymore, now that he's gotten Todomatsu's memories. Or maybe Todo hadn't been dangerous at all. He was patient with Kara's constant ramblings of how Rosa was going to be lonely without them, and it was probably the entire yakuza-thing that got Todo to act like a pink demon. Nonetheless, Todo just kept suggesting anything that could help Kara over his worrying for a damn ficus.

Osomatsu stepped in the room, his red towel hanging from his shoulders. "I'm done taking a bath. Todo, Kara, you two need some extra hands? I just finished fixing my traveling backpack. I'll tell you the plans once we get in the van." Osomatsu changed from his pajamas to his casual red hoodie with a maroon jacket with white sleeves layered over it, his mittens, pants, winter boots, and his brown beanie. Like yesterday, it wasn't that cold, but there was a chance of snow again today so he decided it'd be best to protect his head from the snow. Iyami didn't really need anything to protect himself from the cold because his clothes were thick enough to make sure he was warm, and Chibita only needed his coat and scarf to feel warm.

Kara nodded, giving off a somewhat mischievous glint in his eye. "Osomatsu-niisan, I'm sure Todo would really appreciate the help. I can do my packing on my own. Todo might need help since he has a harder time deciding which clothes to bring, isn't that right, Todo? I'll call Dayon over and tell him that we'll be leaving for a couple of days!" He grinned, giving Osomatsu a pat on the shoulder, who grinned in reply.