Chapter 87: Tainted Hands

After managing to send his message to Osomatsu, Oso let out a sigh of relief. Just by looking around him, he knew something was wrong. Besides the fact that everything was dark, the papers were slowly disintegrating, and the world around them seemed to be crumbling, he noticed that Ichi seemingly slowed down a bit. Just to stay on the safe side, he had decided it would be best to let his other self help, even after he only just woke up from his rather long nap. Besides.. they were going to need all the help they can get, since Jyushi's peaceful slumber was slowly turning into a nightmare. And if it gets worse, there's a chance Jyushi's mental state would shut down, and he'd die instantly.

Judging by Jyushi's voice earlier, he was slowly being weakened, which worried Oso a bit. Had Jyushi given up? If he did, Tougou could take over Jyushi's body if Jyushi himself were to give up his life and just die.. but Oso wondered why would Tougou even dare to take control of Jyushi's body. Then again, Tougou was messed up enough to commit murders as a hobby, so Oso thought it was best to not question such things anyway. Tougou was smart enough to use Jyushi against Ichi anyway, so he probably has his reasons why he decided to pick Jyushi of all people to possess.

Lonely was a far better choice, right? Then again, he'd have to lower Lonely's guard, and despite the green-eyed male's oddness, he was rather quick and would not hesitate to slice you if you do so much as offend him with your fashion sense. There was also Todo, who was obviously strong enough to break down a door. Kara was a good substitute for Jyushi too, since Todo can't hurt him, but Ichi can. Speaking of Ichi, he would probably be as deadly as Lonely, but if he were to be possessed by Tougou.. well, some of them were bound to get hurt.

Not that Oso cared.

I didn't even want to get involved with this.

Still. Jyushi's soft voice was ringing in his head, begging Oso to save him from whatever Tougou had done.

And I don't intend to break my promise. Let's just hope that other me succeeds in waking Jyushi up.

As he managed to spot what seemed to be vines from the distance, he felt one of his clones suddenly grab his arm. Naturally, he turned around, only to find Lonely looking at him with concerned green eyes. "Owl. Something's wrong with Suuji Ichi. He's not just slowing down.. but I think he's sweating a lot too. Do you think he is tired?" Bullshit, they were in someone's mind, how the hell would they even feel tired? Oso wanted to tell him what he thought of it, but Lonely honestly looked so concerned about the purple-eyed male. "..You, Karat Cake, and Tater Tot go ahead. Suuji Ichi and I will catch up."

Well, Oso didn't expect Lonely to say such a thing. But Kara and Todo seemed worried for Jyushi, and Todo was obviously fidgeting on his spot. "...Alright.. you two.. come with me.." Oso nodded, leading the other two away.

Lonely floated over to Ichi, noticing that the other seemed to be in pain, as he was clutching his head with both of his hands. "Suuji Ichi, are you alright?" Lonely asked, carefully putting a hand on his shoulder.

Ichi slapped it away with a growl. "I'm fine." He hissed.

Typical Suuji Ichi; not accepting any help even though he clearly needs it.

"Surely you aren't." Lonely clicked his tongue in annoyance. He noticed that Ichi's eyes seemed to be flickering as well, from being full of life and worry to being.. lifeless and empty? Concerned, Lonely once again placed his hand on his shoulder. "You are definitely not alright. What is wrong? Your eyes are seemingly changing, Suuji Ichi."

Images were flashing in Ichi's head, and he let out a hiss of pain, forcing himself to rid of those images in his head. He couldn't make out what they were trying to tell him, but Ichi swore he saw someone below him, looking at him with scared yellow eyes.