Chapter 98: Angel of Death

Tougou put a hand over the area where the ball had hit him. When he looked at his hand again, he realized there was a red liquid on it. Not only did he have blood leaking out of the area, but his skin felt hot and sweaty, but the area where the ball had hit him seemingly left a burn mark. He looked up at Oso, seeing his stoic face and equally blank eyes, letting his bat turn back into a rose. Osomatsu was beside him, happy and cheering. Todo and Kara looked relieved to say the least, and Ichi looked down fondly at his sleeping brother on his arms.

"You're all just the same, you freaks.." Tougou gripped his fingers around the carpet, before coughing. More blood was staining the carpet, as red as Hatabou's blood and as red as the fire surrounding them all. The small ball of light hovering above him suddenly started floating towards Oso's open palm. He wanted nothing more than to grab Oso's neck and strangle him, but he couldn't even find the strength to move."You brats are no different from me."

Despite that quietness in his voice, Osomatsu managed to hear him. He stopped his little happy dance to look at Tougou seriously. "Rambling on and on about that? Well, let me give you your answer then. But let's keep it short and sweet, since we're literally gonna die here if we stay any longer." He shrugged, as Oso let the rose absorb the small ball of light. "Yeah. We're the same. We do things we regret for the sake of the people we love. Ichi killed his dad, you killed people, I'm pretty sure I attempted murder more than once.." He heard Todo and Kara's surprised cries from the back. He chuckled. "But the thing is, those two things are what makes us, well.. us."

Slowly, he started walking towards Tougou. Oso realized that Todo and Ichi looked hostile, so he put one of his arms in front of them to prevent them from chasing Osomatsu. "It's alright.. Tougou no longer.. has powers.. he can't possibly.. harm the other me.." Oso said. "Without.. the God's Essence.. he can't make.. things any worse.."

"Differences. Similarities. Who cares?" Osomatsu said as he walked, stuffing his hands in his pockets. "Some people say we're the same, but some people say we're different. But does it really matter? I mean.. my brothers.. they are me.. and I am them too.. but at the same time.. we're different.. our hearts are the same.. yet.. different.." He chuckled, putting down the blazer to show his cheeky smile. "It's not bad to be both; to be the same, and to be different. It's confusing, I know. But Tougou.."

Osomatsu knelt down to Tougou's level. "What the fuck do you want, brat.." He glared at him. "Rubbing salt in the wound? Tch. I know. I lost. No need to rub it in."

"What? No! I'm not Todomatsu or Ichimatsu, geez." Osomatsu grinned, extending a hand towards him. "I know you did a lot of wrong stuff. I know you're like the Tougou from the other dimension. And I don't know if I can find it in myself to forgive you, especially since you're the reason Choro's the way he is, and I'm pretty sure Oso wants to have your head in both of his hands. 'Sides that, Hatabou's dead thanks to you, I'm pretty sure Nyaa-chan'll wake up traumatized and some shit.. but if you turn yourself in, maybe you can be a better person?"

"What." He looked at Osomatsu. "Do you believe in that stupid friend of your's? That by putting me behind bars, I can actually redeem myself?"

"Pretty much." Osomatsu shrugged. "It's worth it to give it a shot, yeah?"

"You're an idiot." Tougou spat. "I can kill you right now. I may not have my knife, but I can strangle you with how close you are-" He was interrupted when he started coughing out more blood. "Tch..!"

"..It's okay now." Osomatsu's voice softened. "You're gonna be okay now. Just take my hand. We're all getting out of this together, yeah? We'll have Ichi bring you to the hospital first, then we'll let the police decide what to do with you. I mean.. you're a human too, despite what you did." Tougou seemed to have came to the realization that Osomatsu wasn't mocking him. He was being genuine. "So please.. just surrender, alright? Your wife's gonna be fine up there in heaven, with Jyushi's mom, and Choro's parents.. and Hatabou too. Maybe they'll have a tea party in heaven together, who knows."