Chapter 25: Thick Tension

The effects of the syringe were supposed to give the alternate version of Osomatsu's brothers the memories of his own brothers in order for them to somehow emit an aura that is able to make the "bridge" between Osomatsu's dimension and this dimension bigger so Osomatsu could go back home. Osomatsu already had his own memories, so there was no need for such a thing, but he needed to inject himself with the syringe once he injected the alternate versions of his brothers, so he's able to share some of his memories with them as well. Kara got injected at his left arm while Todo got injected on his right arm, and both had covered the marks with glittery blue band-aids.

The thing about Jyushimatsu was that he was the most gullible one, easy to manipulate because of his kindness. The second most gullible would be Karamatsu, due to his natural "I believe in everyone" logic in life, which was utter bullshit. Iyami and Chibita had decided to take a nap on the floor of Jyushi's bedroom as Osomatsu, Kara, and Todo explain the situation to Jyushi, who was eating up everything they said. Jyushi thought it was real like a lot of other things, such as Santa Claus. But they weren't taking advantage of how gullible he was; they were speaking the truth. Todo honestly thought that Jyushi wouldn't be able to process such complex things because of his childlike demeanor, but to his surprise, Jyushi was remembering every single detail Osomatsu said, including the functions of the phone and how they hacked a lot of the technology just to get in. Like Kara, he had shown Jyushi the texting application in order to prove his point.

With each word, Jyushi looked like he was listening to some classical fairy tale which was loved by many. He gave worried looks at the five of them when Osomatsu mentioned things like Todo throwing a plate at Iyami, Osomatsu pinning Todo to the ground, Todo and the two of Osomatsu's friends fighting against a group of yakuzas, and Osomatsu almost being shot by Atsushi. Osomatsu purposely left out the part where Hatabou snapped his fingers to summon guards to kill them, since Hatabou seemed like he was hiding something from Jyushi. Presumably to ensure Jyushi's happiness, and you'd be a monster to want that bright smile wiped off his face.

By the time Osomatsu was done explaining it to Jyushi, who had been behaved and didn't interrupt Osomatsu as he spoke, the sun had already left the sky in favor of the moon. Snow had started falling from the skies again and the city lights were blending well with the darkness and the stars in the night sky. The orange lights on Jyushi's room gave it some luminosity at least, which were automatically turned on once it started getting darker. Iyami had curled up to a ball in one corner as he laid his head on a big stuffed giraffe's neck with Chibita resting on his back, Jyushi was still curled in the same position he was earlier, Todo and Kara were both on one side of the bed, and Osomatsu was the closest to Jyushi, sitting on the edge and trying to explain things to him.

Then came the question. "Jyushi, would you allow me to inject you with the syringe then?" Kara had complied once he heard Osomatsu's story, and even if Todo refused at first, he had let himself get injected the moment he saw Jyushi in the streets.

Jyushi looked away for a moment, before glancing at Osomatsu with uncertainty. "Osomatsu-san.. no, Osomatsu-niisan." He took a deep breath. "Please don't be angry. I believe you, I really do! And you're my older brother, I get that, I really do.." He gripped his own locket and it seemed like he was seating out of nervousness. "But.. as much as I want to help you.. I need my brother's permission before I get injected by any needle! I know you're my brother in another dimension, but in this one.. he's my only brother. I could call him to ask permission, but he'll say no.." Of course he will. Ichi was a big brother, so he'd be protective of Jyushi. "How about this." He clapped his sleeved hands together. "Why don't we wait for Ichi-niisan to get back from France? And you explain everything to him! He's a nice person, and I know he'll help.. so can I get injected once we get Ichi-niisan's permission?" He asked. "I'm really sorry, Osomatsu-niisan.."