Chapter 86: Revelation

When Kaoru, Homura, Dekapan, and Fuyu managed to get to the room after meeting Ken-san at the lobby and after trying to catch up to Hatabou, they were already expecting for the worst; upon meeting Ken-san earlier, who was trying to calm down a girl and her five identical sisters, he had immediately explained the situation. There was a creepy decapitated doll on the hallway, so if they see one, they shouldn't freak out. But other than that, Ken-san also told them some other interesting things; Yuki and Hana were knocked out, so obviously that got Fuyu and Homura worried. Kaoru also seemed to be worried for Iyami, Chibita, and Totoko, which made sense, since he was close to those three.

But then they heard other things.

"Sir Shonouske Hatabou has been murdered, sir."

And when they all frantically asked who did such a thing to Hatabou, Ken-san looked down, almost in shame for what he was going to say.

"It's..Sir Suuji Jyushi, sir. Sir Suuji Jyushi stabbed him repeatedly with Sir Suuji Ichi's katana. But there was something wrong with him.. he wasn't acting like himself at all, sir."

Dekapan wouldn't believe any of it, naturally. He refused to believe such a thing. But instead of getting angry at Ken-san for saying such things, he suggested they all hurry up before things could take a turn for the worst. Besides Ichi and Jyushi, he also knew Hatabou ever since he was born. Those three boys were childhood friends, and he refused to believe that the youngest one in their little group murdered one of them. Besides, why would Jyushi kill Hatabou? And where was Ichi when it all happened? Surely, Ichi wouldn't watch his beloved little brother kill one of his only friends!

There was no door, meaning someone had broke it. So when they stepped inside, they immediately noticed everything in the room; the unconscious bodies of Osomatsu, Chibita, Iyami, Yuki, Hana, Totoko, and Jyushi, as well as a corpse. And that corpse belonged to Hatabou. There were multiple weapons and items on the ground, such as a metal skewer, a butcher's knife, a scythe, a dagger, and a metal pipe.

Immediately, Fuyu ran over to her husband and placed his head on her lap, as Dekapan pulled out a long black fabric from the corner of the room and used it to cover Hatabou's body. "D-Dear?! Are you okay?!" But upon hearing his breathing, she calmed down. "Oh.. oh thank goodness.. I didn't know what I'd do if you were dead.. especially since.." Tears started to come out of her eyes. "Ah. No use for crying.. Yuki, dear, wake up. Please."

"Hana-chan!" Homura cried, placing her smaller friend on her lap. She almost looked like an actual doll with how peaceful her expression was as she slept, but that only worried Homura even more. "A-Are you okay?! Wake up! Wake up, please!"

With how loud Homura was crying, both Yuki and Hana cracked their eyes open. "Ergh.. Fuyu..? What..?" Yuki groaned.

Fuyu immediately smiled in relief upon seeing Yuki wake up. So her husband was alright.. well, that was good. If he wasn't.. it would have hurt her so much. "Yuki-kun. We're at the old Suuji Manor."

Hana wasn't as tired as Yuki was, however. "Homura-chaaaaaaan! You're crying is too loud! I can't sleep!" Hana suddenly whined, placing a hand against Homura's cheek as if to push her away. She then started to pat Homura's cheek repeatedly, but if it was meant as a slap, it didn't really hurt. "You do have a loud voice! I knew it.. give me five more minutes, no way in hell am I getting up. Also, gimme a pillow, blanket, a teddy bear-"

"No!" Homura hugged Hana. "You're not sleeping! You're awake, and I'm glad you are!" She started sobbing. "I don't know what I'd do if I lost my best friend.."

"Oof! Why so sappy all of a sudden? Geez, you're so sappy, you put trees to shame!" Hana was tiny compared to Homura, so her face was being pressed against Homura's chest. "Did something happen? Why is everyone so worried- oh my god!" She pulled away, jumping out of Homura's lap, and turned to Yuki. "Yuki-san, we were being mind-controlled! Remember?! Chibita-kun and I were looking around the manor because we split up! And then we met up with you and Iyami-san after being swallowed by some gross, dark thing! And then we saw Jyushi-san! He was being held captive by this creepy old man.. and that girl!" She pointed at an unconscious Totoko, and Kaoru seemed to be trying to gently wake her up. "It was her!"