Chapter 139: Inflammation

"Well, he's fast asleep. It's nice to see him sleep peacefully. I hope he returns to his normal self soon. But now that's over with.. do you need any help with the dishes?" Osomatsu asked.

The sun was setting now, and with Dayon gone, they didn't have to deal with anything else, except washing the dishes used for the snacks and preparing a hot meal for dinner, since it was cold. Kara had helped Todo look for his box of old anime DVDs, and the latter was currently watching every single DVD he owned, alongside Lonely, who was often heard gushing about how beautiful the music and animation as, as well as how impressive the capabilities of the "magic box" was. Jyushi was easily full from eating all the snacks, and after downing a glass of hot milk, he fell asleep and decided to skip dinner. Osomatsu had tucked him in, and after making sure that the youngest was deep asleep, he left the room and gently shut the door. Kara would have objected to that and tell Jyushi that having dinner is important before sleeping, but the latter looked very tired, so Kara let him rest.

I mean, he is hosting a demon inside of him. It must tire him out to hold Akumatsu inside of him.. and Akumatsu must drain every fiber of his being. It's a surprise he can still act normal and as free as he is, even with Akumatsu draining his energy slowly.. I guess that makes sense on why he gets tired easily.

Thankfully, Dayon had dropped by again and dropped off some ingredients for dinner, knowing full-well that Kara had his hands full with not just taking care of Todo, but also Lonely, Jyushi, and Osomatsu. Kara invited him to stay and have dinner, but Dayon claimed he was going to do something else. Still, Kara was sincerely thankful to the bigger man for going through the trouble to buy stuff for tonight's dinner. And now, normally lax Osomatsu-niisan was asking if he needed help with the dishes.

Kara glanced at him, smiling. He was happy that despite Osomatsu's laziness, he was still willing to help him with the chores. But he felt as if he could handle all just fine. "It's fine, Osomatsu-niisan. You can watch anime in Todo's room if you have nothing to do. I just have a few things to finish before I make dinner-"

"And let you deal with this alone? Alright, stand aside, Kara. Nii-chan's gonna help you out no matter what 'cha say. I'm not that shitty, geez." Osomatsu folded the sleeves of his hoodie and reached out for the spare pair of rubber gloves and put them on. He usually didn't do chores at home, since their poor mother Matsuyo often did so for them. But Kara was the only one doing things in the entire apartment, and Osomatsu felt bad about leaving him to do it all on his own. And he wasn't really into anime, so doing chores was the next best thing. "You go work on dinner now, and you better make it good! I'll handle the dishes for ya."

In all honesty, with everything they've been going through, Osomatsu wanted to sort things out. Akumatsu's appearance and explanation of certain things was getting to Osomatsu, and he wanted to do something to distract himself.

"Oh! Okay. Thank you so much, Osomatsu-niisan. This makes things faster." Kara removed his gloves and opened the fridge and took out some ingredients, and set them on the table. There was a variety of meat products and vegetables. "I was thinking of making something with beef or chicken.. or you know, pork, and make katsudon with curry instead. And some lettuce and tomatoes, and fried eggs to balance the salty taste of both the katsudon and curry. But since the doctor told me that Choro needs to take small servings and eat light food, until he gets all better." He glanced at the frozen fish. "So maybe fish is a better option? But Choro might not eat it. He doesn't eat much, and I think it'll be too bland for him.."

"What makes you say that? If that's what's worrying you, then just serve it with ketchup, mayo, or even soy sauce. Try making tempura and fish fillets. It's light and easy to make, and it tastes really good. And if Choro doesn't wanna eat those, well.. you're not gonna be the one vomiting, haha."