Chapter 29: A Game of Chess

When Osomatsu awoke the next day, he had already dressed up and prepared for his little play-date with Jyushi. Naturally, the other four were coming with him, because he needed them by his side just in case something were to happen. So while Chibita was helping him put on his clothes and Iyami was fixing everyone's clothes back to their backpacks like an exasperated soccer mom, Kara was helping Todo apply his hair dye, as well as pick out his clothes for the day. Since it was Kara, it wasn't a challenge for him to convince Todo to wear something less edgy and dark and a bit more comfortable and bright for the day. Osomatsu had to point out that all of Todo's clothes consisted of the colors black, white, and pink, in which Todo responded by tossing a pillow straight at his face while he was drinking his coffee.

Nothing special, thought Osomatsu. It was snowing, so he decided to wear his beanie, mittens, and the rainbow scarf, naturally. As for his outfit, it was just a white shirt with his family symbol, red plaid pants, a black cable knit jacket, and red sneakers. His hoodie had to be washed, and so did his gray sweatshirt, which was apparently still stained with Atsushi's blood from two days ago. Poor Iyami had to scold him like a parent as he ranted about how hard it would be to wash off the blood.

Besides, Chibita and Iyami were wearing their casual outfits, and Iyami didn't even wear a coat or scarf! Chibita was a different case and had layered a coat over his shirt and wrapped an orange neckerchief around his neck. His scarf was probably going to get washed as well, since Chibita and Iyami had used that scarf to wrap around Todo's bleeding head two days ago. "Here's your bag, idjit." Chibita handed him the small red sling bag containing his important items. Though he decided to leave the bottle for today, the syringe was still with him, just in case. Chibita wrapped the scarf around his neck, adjusting it so it wouldn't fall off. "Here ya go, you idjit. All set?"

"Yeah. I dunno about Kara and Todo though."

The first to wake up out of five of them was Iyami, who had ordered mugs of coffee for everyone and had watched the early news. Next was Kara, who had took a bath and prepared Todo's clothes for the day. Next was Osomatsu, who had also taken a bath, but lazed around a bit in only his boxers until Chibita woke up and hit him with a ladle, demanding for him to get dressed. Last was Todo, who Kara had to drag to the bathroom due to the pink eyed male's constant refusal on letting go of the bed. And Kara told him to not oversleep too! He was probably playing games on his phone all night long again.

Osomatsu was actually thankful that Kara decided to wear something normal, something that didn't have his face. Though Kara did say he was going to be wearing the sunglasses, at least it wasn't as painful as his glittery tank top with his own face printed onto it. It was a white polo similar to Todo's, and he just layered a blue jacket over it. As for the pants, he thankfully decided to skip the blue sequin pants in favor of jeans, and his blue winter boots. Unlike Todo's wardrobe, Osomatsu didn't get to see Kara's. According to Todo, it was like his wardrobe, but with less leather and pink, and more comfy clothes and the color blue. There were blue earmuffs, mittens, and Rosa's sequin scarf on Kara's bed, so Osomasu could at least confirm that Kara was much more simple in his fashion choices compared to Todo.

Though the yells of Todo from the bathroom were hilarious to listen to, at least.

"It burns! It burns!"

"Todo, please, it's just the hair dryer, and please don't move around so much! You're lucky I decided to bring my apron with me, otherwise, you could have stained my clothes."

"It's burning my skin! And why're you pulling off my hair?!"

"Maybe if you cooperate, we'll get this done faster. I'm just combing it, so just hold still- Todo, stop biting my arm. I put on metal bracelets for a reason. Ever since you bit me the first time you asked for assistance regarding hair dye, I have never left these metal bracelets wherever I went, and the area you bit me at has a mark now."