Chapter 65: Hero of The Night

"It's surely been a while, Osomatsu-kun!" Totoko clapped her hands together in what seemed to be enthusiasm, and Osomatsu could see the amount of rings that decorated her fingers, and the amount of colorful bracelets dangling from her arms. "I was getting bored of our neighborhood and wanted to take a lovely stroll, only to find out Chibita-kun hasn't opened in days! And Iyami-san hadn't been going to pachinko parlors and horse races! And you, of course! You parents told me that you left the town for a journey of self-discovery out in the big city!" She then giggled. "So I decided to follow too! Friends should stick together, hm? People said that Chibita-kun and Iyami-san left the town with you, so your parents have nothing to worry about!"

This Totoko-chan seems.. oddly chipper. More energetic than our Totoko-chan, that's for sure.

"Oh, um, yeah." Shit, he hadn't told Oso's parents about himself, because he didn't want the alternate versions of his parents freaking out at the thought of their only son being missing. He briefly forgot that the Iyami and Chibita he had been travelling with weren't the real ones he befriended in the past, but they were the friends of Oso. Totoko was grinning cattily at him, expecting him to say something at her arrival. "Um, nice to see you here too, Totoko-chan. I guess you got an invitation too-"

"Of course!" She interrupted cheerily. "I was working when my boss just drops in and gives me a letter. I made sure I looked absolutely stunning before dropping in here, after all! Masquerade balls are absolutely fun!" She giggled again. What was with girls and giggling? Osomatsu would have found it cute if they weren't in the same place as where a murder would probably take place. "Enough about me, Osomatsu-kun! I know you missed me, but we'll talk about me later! Who are those gentlemen behind you?"

Osomatsu realized they were all still wearing their masks, so maybe that was the reason Totoko didn't question why Kara and Jyushi looked like Osomatsu; she couldn't see their faces. Jyushi shied away and hid behind Osomatsu the moment Totoko noticed him, and Osomatsu chuckled in amusement. "Ah, Totoko-chan. These are my friends that I met in the city. This guy's name is Kara. He's a really nice guy. He has a roommate, maybe I'll introduce him to you later."

"Nice to meet an accomplice of a dear friend of mine." Kara smiled and extended his hand towards Totoko, who shook it. "As Osomatsu said, my name is Kyabarie Kara. It's a pleasure to meet a lady as lovely as you, Yowai-san."

Talk about a smooth talker. You're not so different from Karamatsu after all, Karat Cake.

Totoko blushed a bit at his supposed compliment, but giggled in reply, letting go of Kara's hand and covering her mouth with it. She seemed happy that her childhood friend has made a friend such as Kara! Osomatsu was glad she seemed to be enjoying herself. "It's nice to meet you too, Kara-kun! I'm Yowai Totoko, Osomatsu-kun's childhood friend! But please, call me Totoko-chan. It's fine with me, Kara-kun!" She smiled brightly at Jyushi, who hid behind Osomatsu even more. "Oh! And who is this cute little shy guy?"

Jyushi must be afraid of girls, Osomatsu thought. He was amused that Jyushi was burying his face at Osomatsu's back, holding tightly onto his blazer so he wouldn't fall, but was still trying his best to hide himself from Totoko. Osomatsu chuckled. Jyushi's eyes were covered by the mask, and that practically meant half his face was covered! What was left there to cover, his mouth? "His name is Jyushi. He's really sweet, but I guess he's a bit shy. He can't walk on his own too. C'mon Jyushi. Say hello."

Totoko looked really pretty, Jyushi couldn't deny that. He found all girls pretty after all. But there was something about her that seemed a bit off. Jyushi had read her file before, since it was his job to read the files of the citizens at Akatsuka, but somehow.. there was something wrong with Totoko. Jyushi didn't know, and that kind of scared him. The files were correct in every single detail, but there was something about Totoko that didn't seem right, something that went against her file.