Chapter 11: Passive and Aggressive

"Osomatsu-niisan!"

Todo was enough of a thug and a cheapskate to practically own five of the same polo shirt because it was cheaper, so Kara seeing him wear the same thing as yesterday wasn't a surprise. However, seeing his leg nearly kick the face of his older brother from another dimension was enough to scare the wits out of Kara, who was still in his pajamas; a blue tank top with a print similar to his hoodie earlier and baggy black pants, as well as fuzzy slippers that were blue in color. Even his hair was messy, because he preferred to brew his coffee first thing in the morning while reading the newspaper before taking a bath, since Todo mostly took a bath as soon as he woke up.

So he was currently standing across his roommate and his older brother at the doorway leading to the kitchen, in his pajamas and in fuzzy blue slippers, a painfully sparkly blue coffee mug in hand, and a panicked expression on his face. The blue-eyed male was glad to see that Osomatsu hadn't gotten kicked by Todo, but the plate his childhood friend had hurled could have hit his older brother if not for Osomatsu's luck that unfortunately caused the plate to successfully hit Iyami instead. The poor guy's overbite too. He knew that was going to hurt a lot. "Todo, don't attack them! Iyami! Are you okay?!"

Iyami grumbled a reply, but Chibita sighed in relief, so Kara took that as a yes. Todo had slowly retreated his leg and had inched away from Osomatsu, glaring daggers at him and clenching his fists as tight as he could, Kara was sure he'd leave his nail marks on his palms. Osomatsu, however, landed on his butt as his back arched far enough for it to hurt, and he looked like as if he was seeing some sort of supernatural and demonic ritual going on. But truthfully, Osomatsu seeing his youngest brother dressed up as some sort of yankee both terrified him and confused him.

So many questions instantly appeared inside Osomatsu's brain, with one of them asking why on earth did his youngest brother dye his hair pink and why was it slicked in a way that made him look like a typical high-school delinquent. Why did he also have earrings, in order to look more intimidating and punk-like? Also, were those leather.. pants? And a jacket to match his pants?! What was he wearing?!

Oh my god, he looks like an edgy emo kid going through a phase, is he trying to copy Ichimatsu back in eighth grade?

His thoughts were cut off as he heard the other occupant of the room cry out to him. "Osomatsu, my brother!" Kara set his coffee mug to the table and ran towards Osomatsu, kneeling beside him and checking for any bruises by literally grabbing his face and forcing Osomatsu to look at his direction. Osomatsu was forced to stare into Kara's worried blue eyes, but then Kara hugged him tightly and would have killed him if he didn't let out a pained choke. Kara pulled away, still frantic. "I apologize! But you aren't hurt, correct?"

"I'm fine. Kinda scared 'bout the fact about a plate and a leg nearly hitting my face, but physically? I'm alright." At least, he was for now. Aside from that pink-haired thug looking at him as if he killed his entire family in front of him, Kara hadn't talked in his painful language, which probably showed how worried he was about Osomatsu. Though Osomatsu kind of expected the alternate Todomatsu to look a little different judging from the story he heard from Aida, he certainly didn't expect him to look like.. well, that. But putting his opinions on Todo's clothes aside, he gave a concerned look at Kara. "How about you? Were you able to sleep last night? When did the memories start coming? Did you have any nightmares or dreams?"

"Three hours before I went to bed, and thirty minutes before Todo came home. I saw a lot of memories, both pleasant and unpleasant. And I woke up a few times in the middle of the night." Kara said. "I surely wasn't expecting such a thing to occur, especially since I thought it would take effect once I am sleeping. Though it kind of hurt my chest and my head, I think I'm able to understand you better now, Osomatsu." He smiled. "I never knew I had four younger brothers, and all of them look so much like us! I saw a lot of memories regarding them! But I understand everything now! Choromatsu is the one that always wears green, and is the one that fusses over everyone the most! Jyushimatsu is our ray of sunshine and we sometimes sing such wonderful songs at the rooftop of our humble home! Do inform me why the fourth brother Ichimatsu seems to hate me, or at least the me in the other dimension. He always seems to be either playing with cats or with Jyushimatsu."