Chapter 132: Mask of The Eldest Brother

The entire day went on as normal, with the only difference that Jyushi didn't cry the moment he woke up, unlike earlier when he started kicking and screaming. Rather, he woke up and instantly clung onto Todo out of fear and whimpered, but listening to Kara's words and advice, Ichi tried his best to not make his envy seem evident. It was only natural that he would feel that way, especially since he had been the one protecting his crybaby of a little brother since he was little, and to have the same brother forget him made his heart break. Nonetheless, he'd try his best to endure these feelings of jealousy all for Jyushi's sake. He didn't want to see his brother get so scared after all.

As soon as Chibita and Iyami started moving, they informed them of the situation. And as expected, everyone else, besides the brothers, didn't remember the events from earlier. Sokomi and Rokomi were trying to talk to Jyushi, who was hiding by burying his face on Todo's hoodie. Kara and Chibita were chatting with Homura and Hana, and the latter, despite being sick, was so peppy that everyone wondered how she'd be on her death bed if she were dying. Probably still jumping around, as she was too hyper to let a sudden cold affect her. Iyami and Kaoru were simply talking to one another in hushed voices that not even Ichi would hear, but it was probably Iyami talking about something he found distasteful. Dekapan was simply standing next to Ichi in complete silence. The couple, Fuyu and Yuki, were unable to make it.

It was quite interesting to see that despite the reset, it not only affected them, but the people around them. According to Dekapan, Fuyu and Yuki weren't coming mainly because Fuyu was feeling sick and Yuki had to stay behind to watch over her.

And Osomatsu?

The idiot clad in red had went outside, claiming that he was going to do something important. And despite his idiocy, Ichi knew that there was a little bit of intelligence within Osomatsu's supposedly empty head. After all, the eldest Matsuno brother demonstrated such intelligence last night during their little fight with Tougou. It took a lot of guts to forgive a criminal such as Tougou, and even offer to give him a second chance. It was honestly a shame that it was short-lived. If Kamimatsu hadn't appeared, then maybe Tougou would still be alive. He was a criminal mastermind, able to murder countless people without anyone knowing it was him, and was able to keep an innocent facade in Akatsuka City. He was like a modern day Jack The Ripper.

Still. A criminal was a criminal. He truly needed to atone for his sins, but as much as Ichi wanted him dead for hurting his brother and killing his childhood friend.. Kamimatsu killing him wasn't justified in any way. That unsettling smile he wore on his face last night was proof of that. Kamimatsu was no angel, nor was he an embodiment of kindness or goodness that fell from the Matsunos. Just by looking at Osomatsu, Ichi could tell there was something about the eldest son that the latter was just hiding. And intentionally too. He wasn't an idiot.

That was a facade, Ichi could tell. Even with his glasses removed, he could still see past Osomatsu's mask.

"Ichi." He snapped out of his thoughts once Dekapan interrupted him. Thanks to the reset, Jyushi didn't throw any episodes earlier when he woke up and saw the others, but he was still scared. The reset also affected everyone else besides the look-a-likes, so Dekapan and the rest wasn't aware of what happened earlier. Just to spare everyone from more confusion, Osomatsu had suggested not telling anyone else of the reset and just let them live their lives normally. "I must leave soon and inform Hijirisawa Shounouske about the death of Hatabou. Not only that, but we must also prepare a wake and funeral. The rest of the employees at Flag Corporation have agreed to assist me with this, but I do wonder if you plan on attending? I will not pressure you if you do not want to."

Why on earth would Ichi refuse to attend the wake of his own childhood friend? Surely, he wasn't that busy. "Hold the wake starting tomorrow, so it'd be best if you leave soon to tell Hijirisawa-san, so he could fly back to Japan as soon as possible. Give it three days before we bury Hatabou, I'm sure we all need the time to let his death sink in. And the sooner it sinks in.. the faster we accept it." He then raised his finger. "Oh, and about the place where we bury him.."