Chapter 19 Finding Out The Truth

Serena Pov
I heard a knock on my door and decided to check it and when I saw Selena I saw her with a serious look.
Serena we need to talk
Is everything okay
Yeah but before anything this is for you from our parents and now all that is left is for you to read this.

I look at the letter after putting on my necklace and I started to read.
Dear Selena
I know you might hate me right now but it is time that you learn the truth. The reason that both me and your father left was because of Shawn and Shane's parents they wanted us to give both you and your sister's hand in marriage to their sons but we refused because we wanted you and your sister to choose who you wanted to be with not be forced to marry someone you don't love. Since we made that decision they said that if that is what we decides we will both regret the day we said no to them. Both me and your father are terribly sorry that we weren't there for the rest of your lives and the reason we started to contact you now is because it has now come to our intentions that you and your sister have been in a relationship with their sons who may I add is the ones who came up with this idea but we hope that from here on out you both will make the right decision. In the box is somethings that both of us gave to you and your sister when you were just a toddler but at that age we know it couldn't fit y'all so we waited until now to give them to you and your sister. If you need us just go to your aunt Sasha and she will direct you to where we will meet. We love you and your sister.
Yours Truly
Stella
(Mom)

I started to cry and I told Selena I needed some time to think and I will let her know what I will do.

LATER THAT DAY

I finally decided to confront both Shawn and Shane with Selena on my side I know I would manage. We waited till everyone was seated in the living room to discuss.

Serena : Hey guys we know you have been wondering what the hell is going on so I will let you read this and then you will answer our questions.

They read the letter and was shocked and at the same time happy.

Shawn : Do you remember when you came to me after your parents faked their death well I forgot about this forced marriage like a year before you arrived both of us may I add and we fell for you not even studying this. The same way you fell for us and we will talk to our parents about the threat that they made. We are terribly sorry if it may have offended you but what we feel is love not forced marriage. So my two questions are:
1. Do you believe us?
2. Where do we go from here?

Selena : we believe you and our relationships we stay the same. Which means one thing Shane and I are still not together because guess what my dear cousin Sabrina is pregnant. CONGRATULATIONS SHANE YOU ARE GOING TO BE A FATHER.

And with that said I watch my sister leave with tears of pain and the look of hatred towards Shane. I however went to the door to close it until I saw the one person that I didn't want to see