Chapter 1: Who is he??

"Hey, Dara!, aren't you going home yet?" i heard someone yelling at my back. Even if i don't look, i know from who that voice belongs to.

" Wish i could Bom, but i have to finish this." I yelled back to my best friend who seems to be impatient while waiting for me. We usually go home together after work. Aside from being neighbors, she offers me a ride home since she has a car and i don't. She said that i could save the money from riding a bus and maybe buy a car for myself. Very sweet huh.

" But Dara, you know what today is right? Its friday! My Romeo must be waiting for me right now at my door step for who knows how long, like forever?" she said raising her voice a little.

" Then go home already, don't wait for me. If i don't finish this now, the tigress might claw my eyes out. And I know you don't want to witness that." i answered her, still not bothering to look at her.

"Are you sure? Its 7pm, how are you going home?" she asked, sounding worried.

"There's a lot of bus out there Bom, don't worry ok? I'm a big girl now." smiling at her to assure her that i'll be fine.

"Well, ok then. Send me a message once your home. And don't stay too late, don't mind the witch, she's old." smiling back at me. She's so sweet like that.

"Yeah,yeah. Now go, don't keep your Romeo waiting, send my regards to Seungheun." i said.

"Ok, take care Dara. Bye!" she waived at me. And i said my goodbyes too.

Finally, alone at last. I still have to finish these piles of paper works my evil boss gave me. I know getting a promotion will require more responsibilities, but i didn't expect it to be this handful. Its been going like these for months now, and i barely have enough time for myself. Since i got promoted to chief editor of this magazine company, i always go home a little later than everybody else in this office. Always the last person to leave.

Few hours later, i heard something growling. I know I'm the only one here, but i know i heard something. I look at the clock and it says 9:30. Gosh, i haven't had my dinner yet. And yes, the growling i heard a while ago was indeed my stomach, screaming for something to munch on. Argghh. Good thing I'm done with my work. I better leave now or else i would have to eat anything i laid my eyes on.

I went out of our building and since I'm already worn out, i decided to take a cab. I waited at the taxi stand for minutes, but only a few would pass and its already taken. My tummy is complaining and if i wait for few more minutes,maybe i'll collapse or something. Running out of options, i decided to walk home. I know Bom will kill me if she knew about this, but what the heck, I'm hungry people!!

On my way home, i saw a convenient store nearby and thought of buying my late dinner there since restaurants at this hour are closed. I entered the store and only the cashier is present. I roam around to look for what to buy. I saw the ramen stand at the corner and i smiled to myself. Finally decided what to have, i went to the cashier to pay for my food until someone bumped into me letting my stuff scatter all over the floor. "What the eff!!" I whisper shout.

The guy wearing a trench coat and a hat, with matching shades?, looked while raising his brow at me. He seemed to have heard what i just said.

"What did you say?" he said with a passive face and a dangerous tone.

And because I'm having a bad day, and i'm really really hungry, i decided to answer back, "I said what the f*ck is wrong with you?!" yeah, i don't care if he's scary like that. Im really pissed.

He then, slowly walk towards me, and I for a second, don't know why i can't move. It's like I'm frozen on my spot and I just stand there waiting for my death to come. He continued walking until he reached me, leaning closer to my ear and whispered, "Say that one more time and you'll find what you're looking for.." he said, while inching away from me.

I gulped inwardly, and i hope he didn't see that. He just smirked at me, eyeing me from head to toe and said "Just as i thought.." and he left.

Gosh, i thought i'm gonna die there. I immediately gathered my things and went to the cashier to pay for my food. I glanced at the mirror at the back of the cashier and saw him looking at me. What is wrong with that guy? I didn't look around anymore and hurriedly walked towards the door.

As i arrived home, i slumped myself on my couch while putting my feet on the sofa table. I'm so exhausted. I checked my phone to see if someone tried to reach me, and as expected, i have so many missed calls, from Bom. I better call her before she thought of reporting about her missing best friend.

I dialed her number and she picked up after the first ring. "Dara!! Oh my God!! What happened to you? I've been trying to call you and you're not picking up. Where have you been? And why are.."

"Hold your horses Bom, I'm still breathing." i cut her off before my eardrums explode.

"What the hell happened to you?" she asked worriedly.

" I'll explain it to you tomorrow, i'm really tired right now, and I know you are too. I'm sorry i made you worry. Get some rest." i said.

"You better tell me everything ok? Aisht! Don't do that again or I'll die early. Get some sleep too. Goodnight!" she said.

"I will. Goodnight." and we hang up. I felt guilty for her always worrying about me.

I stood up and went to my kitchen to prepare my dinner. As i was heating up my ramen, I remember my encounter with that creepy guy. That jerk. He's the one who bumped me and yet he has the nerve to act that way. But just the thought of him saying those words gives me the creeps. Who is he??