Chapter 30: The Ball (Part 2)

"You stupid jerk! Its you!" I muttered.

"Shhh, quiet!" He shushed me and immediately placed his hand on my mouth. I tried peeling it off my face but he grabbed my arm and dragged me outside the venue.

"Where the hell are you taking me?!" I yelled at him but was ignored for he's busy dragging me somewhere. When we finally reached the back part of the building, he let go of my arm as he turned around to face me. "You really have the habit of dragging just anyone don't you?" I shouted at him and crossed my arms over my chest.

"What are you doing there?" He hissed.

"I told you, its work related."

"You don't have any idea what your getting yourself into. And who the hell was that guy with you?" He screamed at me obviously pissed.

"Its none of your business. Why do i have to explain everything to you? Are you my mom?" I countered. The nerve of this guy. He should be the one explaining to me what he's doing here.

"I'm just concerned because.."

"Concerned?" I cut him off, "of what? That i might get hurt? What about you? You never told me anything. You lied to me, to us." I scowled at him. I don't know why i feel hurt and betrayed. I felt my eyes sting a little, tears threatening to fall.

He was taken aback with what i said and fell silent for a moment. He opens his mouth to say something but closed it again, bowing his head looking defeated.

"You don't have to say anything, don't bother explaining yourself because i don't know if i will still believe anything that comes out of your mouth." I muttered turning around to leave when i felt his hand grabbed my wrist stopping me.

"I sorry..."

"Save it for someone who will actually believe you." I finally said and retrieved my hand forcefully from his grasp. A tear finally escaped my eye as i walked back inside the venue. Good thing i was wearing a mask for it did a great job hiding my face from everyone.

------

"Dara! Where have you been? I've been looking all over for you." Jaejoong asked panting as he catch his breath.

"I went to the restroom."

"That long? You've been gone for almost half an hour." He looked at his watch and stared back at me waiting for my response.

"Sorry, I got lost." I lied. "Why are you looking for me anyway?

"Because the contest is about to start and i got you registered. Here's your number." He informed me as he hung the tag number around my neck like a medal. I gasped in horror when his words finally sinked in.

"What the f*ck did you do?!?" I whacked his head with my purse repeatedly as he tried to avoid my every blow. "I told you not to get me into trouble you stupid moron!"

"Aw, aw, stop it Dara. Aw!!" I continued hitting every part of him i can get a hold on until i heard the host called all the candidates who registered. Oh no! I better run. "Wait! Where are you going?"

"I'm leaving!" I sprint through the crowd and made my way towards the exit when somebody blocked my way.

"Ma'am, i think you're one of the candidates. The stage is that way." The guy said pointing his finger at the front. I think he's one of the coordinators of the program. He pulled my arm and headed back to the stage.

"Wait, there's a misunderstanding, i'm not one of the candidates." I told the guy still pulling me as he abruptly stopped.

"But your wearing a number."

"Here, you can have it." I said and tried to take it off but he stopped me and resumed walking towards the stage. I actually look like a kid having tantrums and that guy, is my mom. Arrggg.

We reached the stage and there were at least four people lined up according to the number assigned to them.

"Ok, your number four, so go and stand between number three and five." The coordinator told me as he ushered us towards the back stage that was covered with thick curtain. "Alright! Are you guys ready to become rich?" The other candidates laughed at his joke, if that was even a joke. As for me, my palms started to become sweaty because of nervousness. I can't even breath normally. I swear i'm going to kill Jaejoong after this.

We heard the host outside trying to catch the attention of all the guest. The sound became thinner until we heard nothing but the host's voice. Oh God, please spare my life. My heart started to pound when the first candidate was called. I heard a bunch of laughters from the audience until i saw him came back scratching his head, this time without his mask.

"I can't believe someone knew me from the audience. Well, it only means one thing, i'm damn famous!" He said. If only i could smack his head from where i was standing, i will, just to lessen the air stuck inside his head.

The second was called next and the same fate happened to her as the first one. The third was up and i can now feel my stomach ache. I think i'm going to throw up anytime soon.

"Awww, i thought no one will recognize me." The third guy reacted and scanned me from head to toe as soon as he passed by. "Good luck there babe!" He said and walked out.

"Next up, candidate number four, come up the stage!" I heard the host called but i can't seem to move my feet. I was frozen on my spot when someone suddenly pushed my back to get out. "Oh, its another young lady. Do you want to say hi to the audience?" The host asked me but like my feet, i think i lost my tongue too.

"Uh..uh.." Was the only word i could say. Its not even a word, damn it.

"I think our candidate here is a little shy. Don't be nervous, your one step closer to winning the prize young lady." He said as he walk towards the edge of the stage. "Ok, now. Who can tell me the name of this pretty lady beside me?" He started asking the audience. They participated by saying names that i heard only for the first time, but none of them guessed it right. I mean Jaejoong was right, who would actually know who i am? I don't even belong here in the first place.

Almost everyone tried guessing my name but none of them was right. "Alright, i think we have a possible winner here. If one of you can guess who candidate number five is, little Miss shy here will be our winner tonight!" The host announced making the audience more thrilled because of excitement. "Candidate number five, please come up the stage." The host called him and he soon emerged from the backstage. The audience became more enlivened when they saw him. "Alright guys, settle down. Let's begin the guessing game. Who can tell me who is this guy next to me?" The host started calling names from the audience but everyone failed to guess who he is. I tried looking at him too and he somehow looks familiar. Like i've known him from somewhere.

"Oh my, this is a tough competition between these two. Any one else who wants to try?" The host asked the audience again but they kept their silence.

"Alright.. If that's the case,.."

"I know him." A voice suddenly interrupted the host from ending the game.

"Oh. I think we still have one last guesser for tonight." The host spoke. I squinted my eyes and looked who the host was talking to and surprised to see it was Jiyong. "What is your guess young man?"

"Lee Donghae."

Everyone became silent and i stiffened when i heard him say that name. I averted my gaze at the man standing three steps away from me as he slowly took off his mask. My heart stopped at what i saw. It was really him.