Chapter 48: Two face

MINHO'S POV

The atmosphere was heavy when I brought her home in her apartment. I didn't dare ask her the reason behind the drama earlier. Even if she doesn't say anything, i know it brought a heavy burden inside her. I pulled the car over in front of her house but it seems that she didn't notice for her mind is else where. I put my hand gently on her shoulder to wake her wandering mind.

"Hey, its going to be alright." I told her and rubbed her back. She stared at me for one whole minute before she abruptly hugged me tight.

"It hurts." I heard her say in a muffled voice. She cried in my chest as her body shook when her cries became loud sobs, i don't mind if she soak my shirt with her tears. "Why does it hurt so much?"

I can't find the right words to answer her painful question for my heart is aching as well. That's the time that i knew i already lost my chance with her.

I admit. I do have feelings for her since then. We were friends since we were kids and grew up together. I knew from the start that she's different. Different from all the girls i've ever met. She was always there for me and showed the care that even my parents can't provide. From then on, my feelings for her grew even if i knew she only sees me as her brother. That's the reason why i have to hide it. I was scared that if she learned how i feel about her, she'll avoid me and our friendship will fall apart. I was contented to just stay by her side if she needs me and hope that maybe one day, she'll look at me the same way as i look at her.

But now, looking at her, hearing her cry for the man who hurt her makes me want to curse fate. Why does it have to play a very painful game that use people's hearts as its pawn? I just don't get it sometimes.

I heaved a deep sigh as i finally decided to let her realize something she might still be denying to herself until now. "Its because you like him."

She pulled herself from the embrace so she could look at me. "What?" She asked wiping her tears away.

"You like him, that much. That's why it hurts so bad." I told her. I know because that's what i'm feeling right now.

She shook her head and tried to convince me that what i'm saying was not true but i just smiled at her. I caressed her face and stared at her eyes. "Trust me. I know and you'll realize it soon Dara. You can deny it to me or to everyone else but not to yourself."

She hugged me again and sobbed even more. Maybe what i said finally sinked in on her.

Moments passed and i convinced her to get inside her apartment. "Hey, its getting late. You should rest now." I said as i tried to push her gently off of me. She nodded and opened her side of the door. I did the same and walked her to her doorstep when i noticed a car parked in front of her house. "Is that your car?" I asked checking it out myself.

"Oh, yeah. Kind of." She said following behind me. "I won in a contest and thats the prize." She said lazily.

"Really? What contest?"

"Guessing game contest. I did nothing but i won." I chuckled but sighed right after. She really looks down.

"Well, you should use it. You know, for safety reasons." I told her. I can't believe she has this but still riding the bus. Tsk! This girl really!