Chapter 23: Acquaintance

DARA'S POV

Its Friday and I did my best to finish my work early today. I hurriedly gathered my stuff and headed out of my office with one purpose in mind, talk to Donghae. I was already outside our building when i got a glimpse of him at the gate already making his turn. I dashed to him and grabbed his arm hoping he would talk to me.

"Donghae, gosh you walk too fast." I said while panting as i catch my breath.

"What is it?" He asked a bit harsh.

"You're not answering any of my calls and messages." I said. He immediately averted his gaze away from me and about to walk again but i tighten my grip on his arm to stop him. "I'm sorry. I know what i said was stupid. I never should have said that."

"Its ok, you have a point. I don't have the right to say that. I'm just your friend right?" He frowned and bowed his head.

"But I am you're friend too right? And i miss my friend." Its my turn to frown now. I really feel bad for what i said.

"You do?" He said raising his brow.

"Of course i do. I'm really sorry." I apologized while swaying his arm left to right. Its a habit i guess.

"Fine! How can i resist a rabbit like you!" He finally smiled at me and ruffled my hair.

"Yey! Thank you!" I yelped as i hugged him tight. I really miss this guy.

"So, are you going home?" He asked me as we started walking.

"Yes, how about you? You always go home early. What have you been up to?" Its true, he always leaves the office after working hours that's why i haven't had the chance to talk to him.

"Ahh. That." He said obviously trying to think of an excuse while scratching his head. He looks like a kid who was caught lying.

"Hmm, was it because you were avoiding me?" I asked.

"Kind of, i just don't know how to act in front of you anymore." He blushed as he looked downed trying to hide his face.

"I'm really sorry hae, i know your just worried about me and if ever something like that happens to you, maybe i would do the same." I looked at him and saw him smiled a little.

"Really?"

"Of course, what is a rabbit without a carrot right?" I told him as we both burst into laughter.

---------
Its finally weekend and since Bom and the others are busy, i'm going to spend it all by myself. I wrote a list of things to do to burn my time. I'm done doing my laundry and cleaning my room. Next on my list will be grocery shopping. I took a quick shower before heading out. Good thing that the store is just a few blocks from here, i don't have to worry about the bags i have to carry.

I reached the store and because its weekend, a lot of people are coming in and out of the place. I pulled a cart and started walking around to shop when a man suddenly stood in front of me. He was carrying a basket containing different kinds of fruits while munching an apple.

"Hi!" He greeted and i immediately recognized him. Its the arrogant guy from the restaurant.

"You again? Are you following me?" I snapped at him feeling irritated.

"Uhmm...kind of." He said as he took another bite of the apple.

"Why? What do you want from me?" I asked.

"I want to apologize from what happened days ago." He shrugged as he took another apple from his basket and wipe it on his shirt.

"You already did remember?" I muttered. I got surprised when he extended his arm in front of me, the one holding the apple he just finished wiping.

"Apple?" He offered as i scrunched my face in disgust.

"No thank you. I might die if i eat it." I hissed as i pushed my cart sideways to avoid him.

"I'm not a witch and you're definitely not Snow White." He chuckled as he twisted his body towards me leaning a bit closer to face me. "You're prettier than her." He added as he winked.

"Eww, is there something wrong with your eye? You better get your eyes checked." I said and started walking. I tried ignoring him as i roam around the grocery store but he keeps on talking and telling stories i don't even know and care.

"Don't you have anything better to do than follow me around? Don't act as if we are close for as far as i know, you're still a stranger to me." I told him.

"Oh, i forgot. I haven't introduced myself to you yet. Sorry, i'm Kim Jaejoong, but you can call me Jae or Jaejoong or whatever you like." He extended his hand for a shake but i just stared at it for seconds.

"You're too talkative for a guy. You know that?" I'm considering calling a security right now.

I saw him frowned and sighed deeply. "I just felt bad for what i did to you that's why i want to apologize, and maybe, start a friendship." He said as he bowed his head. "But if you don't like it, then i'l respect that. Sorry again. " he finally said and made a turn to leave but i immediately grabbed his wrist to stop him. Yup, blame my conscience guys.

"Dara..the name is Dara." I told him as he abruptly stopped and turned around to face me again. "And please, don't call me stupid again, i already know that." I smiled at him.

"Sorry." He simply said as he scratched his head chuckling.

------------
(JIYONG'S POV)

"Have you talked to uncle?" Taeyang asked me. We are waiting for the other members here in one of our hotels. They went out to handle the remaining business deals outside the city.

"Yeah, days ago." I answered looking outside the tall glass window.

"What does he want?" He asked.

"Aira..." I answered. My fist instantly curled into a fist as i remembered the conversation with my father.

"What? But you said she's long gone?" He asked, confused as i am.

"I know, i don't even have any idea if she's still alive."

"Did he say anything why he wants her?" He slowly walked forward to my side and looked at the window as well.

"No, but i know for sure it has something to do with the doctor."

"What are you planning?" He asked.

"He told me to find her and bring her to him. If not, he will send someone to do it." Just the thought of it makes me want to hurt someone.

"We must find her first. You know how your father thinks Jiyong, they are merciless. But if we found her, what will you do?"

"We can never give her to him. I'l do whatever it takes to protect her. I already failed before, I will never let that happen again." I told him as i returned my gaze to the window. Where are you Aira...

-------//
A/N:
Hi lovely readers! Don't forget to vote and comment. Thank you so much!

Nyce_gurl03