Chapter 28: Preparation

The door suddenly burst open revealing armed men wearing black suits. They gave way to the last person who entered the room. He was calm but everyone in the room can sense danger just by looking at him.

"Hyunsuk, what are you doing here?" Dr. Jang asked, shock visible in his face.

"Why? Am i not allowed to visit my old friend?" Hyunsuk smirked and looked at him with menacing eyes.

Dr. Jang instantly stepped back when he walked slowly towards him. "Friend? You already lost a friend the moment you tried to kill my daughter!" He shouted at him as his eyes started to tear up remembering that day.

"I didn't want to do that. If you only followed my instructions, we won't be in that kind of situation. You will still be with your daughter up to now."

"You and your selfishness! I don't want to be a part of any of that. I just want to be with my daughter, please let me go!" Dr. Jang shouted hysterically, trying to persuade Hyunsuk to let him go.

"Don't worry, i will, if you finish the drug i was..." Dr. Jang cut him off.

"I told you, that drug has no guaranty that it will work the way you wanted. It may cause the life of anyone who takes it." Dr. Jang explained, hoping he will understand.

"Its not you who will decide on that." Hyunsuk stubbornly said.

"Your already rich and you can have anything in this world, what else do you want?"

"Power, money... Its nothing compared to the ability to control ones mind. Think about it Jihoon, we can have the world in the palm of our hands." Hyunsuk smirked as he look at Dr. Jang with eagerness.

"I don't want that Hyunsuk, even if you kill me i won't do it." Dr. Jang hung his head low and turned his back on him.

"You know i won't do that, but i'm not sure about your daughter..." Hyunsuk smirked enjoying the look on Jihoon's face.

"Leave her alone! She has nothing to do with this!"

"Then do it! Finish the drug and i'll let her live. Her life is in your hands Jihoon. You know what i can do." He finally said and started his pace out the door.

"Hyunsuk! Hyunsuk! Don't you dare hurt her!" He screamed until the door shut close leaving him alone.

"Find her. I can't wait for Jiyong any longer. We need her now!" Hyunsuk shouted at his men in anger as they scurried away in fear.

-------
DARA'S POV

I yawned after i sent an email to one of our boss. I haven't had enough sleep this past few days. I've been thinking a lot of things lately. The ball, what shall i do there? Ms. Han was right about learning how to interact with people, but i only have a few days to prepare. And Donghae, he talked to me yesterday and said he's not sure if he could accompany me. He said he must be somewhere important and will just send someone if he won't make it. Geez, the only person i can rely on that day won't be there as well. That made me more pressured and nervous.

'Theres something else bothering you right?'

What? Who's that?