Chapter 50: Captured

The memories keeps flashing to me like a movie. The time when Jiyong and his friends keep changing the topic every time i asked them what they do for a living. The reason why they own lots of establishments around the city, was it all just for cover ups? And the time i was almost kidnapped, was it just coincidence? I'm not rich but why are they after me? All of these thoughts consumed me until i heard someone snapping her fingers in front of me.

"Dara! Are you ok? You're spacing out again. Aisht!" Bom said shaking me a little.

"Oh sorry Bom, i just remembered something." I told her as i unlocked the door of the car. We both slid inside, ready to drive off the office' parking space. Bom fished out her phone from her bag and dialed Seunghyun's number.

"Hey babe, where are you? Where on our way already." She said and stop for a while to listen to what Seunghyun has to say. "Ok, just tell me when you arrived already. I love you...bye!"

I glanced at her and saw her grin, obviously satisfied with their conversation. I know i'm not in the position to tell her the truth, but the guilt feeling is running through me and sooner or later, i know it will eat me alive.

"So, what happened to you?" I was pulled back from my thoughts when i heard Bom asked me. I narrated everything to her, except of course the fact about Jiyong being involved in some gangs. She was shocked but started to act giddy when i came to the part when Jiyong went with me to Busan. If only she knew the whole story, she'll have a different reaction, i'm so sure of that.

"We're here." I said pulling over in front of the bar Donghae instructed us to follow. We both got out of the car and started our pace towards the front door. "Hey, don't tell anyone what i told you ok? Even to Seunghyun. Well, he knows some part of it but, you know what i mean." I said clinging to her left arm as we went inside.

"I know. Don't worry about it." She said as she smiled at me.

Stepping inside the bar, crowd was still manageable for its too early for the people to come over. That made it easier for us to spot where Donghae settled. We walked over to him as we saw him smiled upon noticing our arrival.

"Hey guys. Have a sit." He said as he stood up and ushered us on our chairs. I began to feel the tension between Bom and him. "So, what do you want to drink?"

"We'll just have cocktails, we still have work tomorrow. Right Dara?" Bom asked me as she gave me a knowing look.

"Ahh. Yeah, just cocktails." I said. I saw Donghae smirked and raised his hand to call the waiter. He then ordered our drinks and other finger foods to partner with the drinks.

"So, its been a long time huh?" Donghae started which earned a rolling eyes from Bom.

"Yeah, again i want to apologize for my absence. I'm sorry i wasn't able to help our team." I said.

"Dara, why are you apologizing? It wasn't your fault to begin with." Bom commented as she crossed her arms.

"Yeah, she's right. It wasn't your fault Dara so stop thinking about it." Donghae said and patted my shoulder.

"Really? Then why were you...." Bom got interrupted when her phone suddenly rang. "Tsk. Wait Dara. I have to take this."

I nodded at her as she stood up and headed towards outside. I just sighed, silently thanking the person who called Bom for interrupting the argument threatening to happen.