Chapter 32: Dejavu

DARA'S POV

I jerked up as i heard my door bell rang from outside and i reluctantly brushed my body out of bed to head out of my room. Who, in their right mind, would visit me this early morning?

"Good morning ma'am, is Ms. Park here?" A delivery boy holding a pen and paper welcomed my droopy eyes.

"I'm her. What do you want?" I muttered feeling a bit irritated for waking me up.

"Oh. I have a package for you ma'am. Please sign here." He said as he pushed his pen and a receiving slip in front of me to sign. I signed the papers and he handed me a small box with an envelope attached to it. I was about to close the door when the man abruptly cleared his throat making me look at him again. "Aren't you going to check it?" He said.

"I'm just going open it inside."

"Oh, i mean the other one. Its outside."  He pointed his thumb right outside my apartment. I looked over to where he was pointing and gasped when i saw what it was.

"Oh my God! Is that...?" I can't even finish my question as i stepped out of the house forgetting that i was only wearing my pajamas.

"Its yours ma'am." He said and smiled at me as he ushered me to the car parked in front of me. Its a jaw dropping red brand new car and if i'm not mistaken, the latest version in the market. "Try it. The key must be inside the package i gave you earlier ma'am."

I opened the box and like what the man said, a car key was tucked inside. I pushed the button and heard it unlocked. I opened the door and hopped inside. I was still checking the interior of the car when i suddenly heard a knock on the window. I pushed a button beside me and the window automatically went down. "Is everything ok?" The delivery man asked. Oh my, i completely forgot about him.

"Oh, yes sir. Sorry about that." I apologetically said for keeping him waiting.

"Its alright. Have a nice day and congratulations ma'am." He said as he left.

The moment i heard him greet me, the memories of the event rushed through me. I was so overwhelmed when i saw the car that i forgot how i got this. So this must be the prize i won that evening. Oh my God, that means....i took the envelope attached to the box containing the car key and immediately opened it. I gasped when i saw what's inside. Its a check with my name on it for one hundred million won. I saw my hands shook uncontrollably as my heart pound so hard. I think i'm going to faint anytime soon.

I waited for my nerves to calm down so i can think things through. I mean this is too much. Remembering how i won makes me doubt if i really deserve these. Well, thanks to that jerk for guessing Donghae's name right. Should i thank him? But i'm mad at him. Aisht. This is harder than i thought.

-------

"Don't be ridiculous Dara! You deserve that prize. You won fair and square, why do you want to return it?" Bom exclaimed pacing back and forth in front of me here in my living room.

"I don't feel like i deserve it. Its too much."

"Too much? Those people are already rich. Its just a penny for them compared to what they actually own." She flopped beside me in the couch and looked at me intently. "Think about your family Dara, you may not need the money personally, but it can help your family."