Chapter 6: Dragon's Lair

The whole week flies by so quick, i didn't even notice its Friday again. Our office has become a runway where employees come in and out trying to finish what were assigned to them. You see, it has always been like this here every time the deadline is near. The monthly issue is due on Monday, which means it has to be ready for board approval by then. Ms. Han was right about the new employees, they were really a big help. I was a bit worried at first that we will not meet the scheduled release but because of their help, it all ran smoothly. As for Donghae, I have to admit he's really good for this job. He got lots of great ideas to share considering he is new at this. There's just one thing that bothers me though, he acts too close for my comfort. I mean, I can't finish what I'm doing because he keeps on knocking on my door for every, i don't know, ten minutes? The other staffs just can't help but give us a meaningful look every time they see us talking in the hall. What's up with that? Those gossip mongers. Why can't they just mind their own business? My train of thoughts was cut short when I heard a knock on my door. I think I know who it is.

"Come in!" I said. My door swung open and saw someone peep on the gap. Its him, again. I continued typing on my computer.

"Hey Dara? Are you busy?" He asked.

I just want to roll my eyes on him, is he blind or something? "Why?" I asked him back as he let himself in.

"Well I just want to remind you about tomorrow, you didn't forget right?" He said. Tomorrow? Its weekend tomorrow. Then realization hit me. Oh right, the celebration. I Almost forgot.

"Nope, how can I forget?" I smiled at him. Argghh. My brain is not working properly anymore. "What time will it be? "

"It will be around 7pm onwards. At The Dragons Lair bar. Do you want me to pick you guys up?" He offered.

"Its ok, I think Bom is bringing her car tomorrow." I told him.

"Oh, ok then. See you there." He said as he prepared himself to leave then suddenly stopped "Oh, do you need anything else before I leave boss?" He said grinning.

"Yes, I need you to stop calling me boss! Now go home. Stop disturbing me!" I said while giggling.

He laugh at little and made his way out. He's a nice guy really, but can sometimes be annoying.

----------

What shall I wear later? Donghae said its a bar so maybe I can wear something modern, or hip. Its already 6pm and Bom will be here anytime soon to pick me up and I still can't find something decent to wear. Its not that I care if someone judge me by how I look, Its Bom that Im worried about. Last time we went to a bar, she forced me to wear something God knows how much i want to burn it. Its so short and tight that if someone dares to wear it will surely faint. Not to mention revealing to the point that i don't know where to place my hands to cover myself. I won't be surprise if she brought the same kind of dress for me to wear.

While rummaging my closet, I already heard my door bell rang three times. I already know who it is, she's the only one who does that.

"Bom! Why do you have to push three times? I heard you the first time you know?" i yelled at her as I opened the door.

"Its a habit i guess." she said grinning at me. She's really annoying. "So, what will you wear?" she asked me.

"I'm still looking." I told her as i let her in and head back to my room.

"What? Its almost 7 and you don't have anything to wear yet?" she looked alarmed but then a big evil smile appeared on her face after a second. Oh no!!!

"Don't give me that look Bom, I know what your thinking and the answer is NO!" i said while turning my back on her and continued looking inside my closet.

"What? But I'm your fairy god mother tonight. I have something here that will definitely fit on you. " She said. I told you guys, she's always prepared. "Just try it on Dara, if you don't like it, I won't force you, Promise!!" she added while batting her eye lashes and pouting her red lips, matching her red dress and her red shoes. Yes people, red! Do I need to say more?

Thats the thing about her, she don't give up that easy. I turned around again and stretched my hand to her and said "Hand it over!". She gave me the paper bag containing the dress and smiled triumphantly as she pushed me to the bathroom to change.

Minutes later, i already heard Bom yelling outside. That girl really has a big mouth. "Dara!! Aren't you done yet?? Its almost 7 and your prince charming is already waiting!!!" she said then laughed at her own silly joke. Gosh! She's so loud and crazy at the same time. Why are we best friends again?

"Coming!!!" I yelled back while opening the bathroom door. "Geez Bommie, whats wrong with you??" i asked her. She looked at me from head to toe and gasped as if she saw something, i don't know, weird? "How do I look?" i asked her again.

"Oh.My.Gaahhd.! Dara, you look amazing!!" she said and acted as if she's going to cry while fanning her face.

"You're exaggerating Bom. But in all fairness, I like it too." I complimented the dress. For the first time, she brought me something really nice to wear. Its not too revealing either. Its a dark blue dress that hang above my knee. And the fit shows some of my curves, at least I don't look like a walking stick. Its just perfect for tonight's event.

"See? I told you you'll love it." she said while smiling. "Here, pair it with this." she said as she gave me a pair of stilettos that matches the dress.

"Thanks Bom, but do you think i can walk properly with those? You know Im not used to wearing high heels." i said feeling a bit worried. Well, i know how but not as high as those shoes.

"You'll be fine Dara. You can bring your ugly shoes as a back up if you want." she teased me as i smacked her arm.

"Its not ugly, its unique!" we both giggled. Well, my fairy god mother did a really great job tonight.

--------------

"Here we are!!" Bom said excitedly. We both got out of the car and made our way to the entrance. Its my first time here. Judging by how the bar looks and the people coming in and out of it shouts expensive.

"Uhmm, Bom are you sure this is the place? I mean I think this is where rich people hang out, you don't think Donghae is...." i cut myself before i could say something stupid.

"Yeah, you said The Dragon's Lair bar right? This is it. Unless, you heard him wrong?" she asked me. Well, that's what he told me.

"Wait, let me call him" I fished my phone inside my bag and dialed his number. Its just ringing. I tried again but he's not picking up.

"You know what? Lets just get inside. We might find him there." Bom said as she began dragging me inside.

"Wait, what if this is the wrong place?" I told her while pulling her back outside.

"I don't care, I'm not gonna waste my dress just standing here, lets go!!!"

Bommie!!! Argghh!!!