Chapter 27: The Revelations

DARA'S POV

Entertainment...check!
Business...check!
Food channels...ok.
Sports?...wait,Who put this article in here? Aisht. The month end issue is due for tomorrow's submission but its still not ready. I was busy editing in front of my computer when somebody knocked and entered my door.

"Ms. Dara?" Siwon peeked between the gaps and helped himself in the moment i acknowledged his presence. "Ms. Han wants to see you. She also said to bring Donghae with you too." He said.

"Oh, right now?"

"Yes Ms. Dara."

"Ok, can you review this last column for me? I'l be right back." I told him as i stood up from my seat and headed out.

I knocked at Ms. Han's office as soon as i reached it and waited for her to let me in. "Come in."

I stepped inside her lair, i mean office, and tried to look serious. "Ms. Han, you called?"

"Oh yes, Dara. Where is Donghae?" She asked looking behind me.

"Right here! Sorry i'm late." Donghae suddenly appeared behind my back and raised his hand like a student to his teacher.

"Sit down, both of you." Ms. Han gestured us to sit on the chairs in front of her. She opened her drawer and retrieved a what seems to be a letter. "One of my colleagues invited me to attend the event they will be hosting this year. They asked me if we can cover the highlights on our magazine." She informed us.

"What event are we talking about?" I asked as i glanced at Donghae who was surprisingly quiet.

"The annual convention of all well known business tycoons in the country." She said as she clasped both of her hands. "This is going to be big and i want this to be our next month's cover issue."

"So, do you want us to arrange your staff to assist you there?" I asked.

"Oh, i'm not going. You are. Both of you. " Ms. Han pointed at us that made my eyes wide in shock.

"What?!? But why us?" I exclaimed feeling nervous.

"Well i wanted to, believe me, but I have an important appointment that day." She sighed with a hint of regret drawn on her face. "If you are worried, don't be. Its about time you learn how to mingle with other people. And besides, you both will enjoy that event, they decided to make the theme more exciting." She added.

"Theme?" I blinked quizzically at her.

"Yes, they always have themes, Dara. See? You really have to expose yourself to know more about this stuff." Ms. Han took the invitation and handed it to me. 

"Masquerade ball?" I whispered but audible enough for them to hear.

"Yes. Better start looking for your outfit as early as now. The event is next week and i want you two to be ready. Arrange everything that you need. Understood?" She instructed.

"Yes Ms. Han." We both answered in unison.

"This is important, so don't disappoint me. " she warned. We both nodded and headed out of her office.

"So she thinks that we can't handle it huh?" I commented as soon as both of us were out of earshot. I ruffled my hair in frustration and glanced at Donghae, still maintaining his silence. "Hey, are you ok?" I asked him but he didn't answer me. "Donghae!" I tried again and this time, he turned his attention to me but his eyes looked a bit lost.