Chapter 42: The Rival

DARA'S POV

"Sanghyun-ah, get down here, palii!!" I heard my mom shouted out loud to call my brother from upstairs. Her voice makes me remember how she usually does that everyday, just like the old times.

I heard running footsteps going down the stairs to answer my mom's call. "What is it omma? I was studying but you...oh my God, noona!!! Is that you?!"

"Sanghyun!!!" My brother dashed towards me to give me a bear hug as he spun me around, my feet leaving the ground in the process. He just stopped when i tapped his arms to put me down. "Gosh, Sanghyun, you've grown so fast."

"Of course noona, i'm taller than you now." He grinned at me showing off his height while flexing his muscles.

"Aisht! Everyone seems to be taller than me." I pouted and heard someone giggled. We all looked at the direction of where it came from as we saw Jiyong holding his stomach once again. Actually, I'm not surprised at all. I know he's teasing me.

"Noona, who is he?" Sanghyun asked giving Jiyong a death glare.

"He's my friend Jiyong." I said and introduced them both to each other.

"What is he doing here?" Sanghyun grudgingly asked earning a smack from our mom. "Ouch! Omma?!?"

"What kind of attitude is that young man? Is that how you treat a guest? I didn't raise you like that, now apologize!" Mom said nonstop as he put both her hands on her waist staring Sanghyun down.

"Aisht, i'm sorry. I didn't mean to act rude." Sanghyun said as he scratched his head.

"Its ok Sanghyun. You don't need to apologize. "Jiyong smiled at him but only be returned by another glare.

"Wait, where's appa?" I suddenly asked to change the topic as i scanned the area.

"Oh, he left this morning with his cousin. He said he'll be helping him fix their house before his wife gives birth. He said he'll be back tomorrow." Mom said as i nodded my head.

"Uhm omma, can Jiyong stay for the night? The hotels from here are far and he's not familiar with the place." I asked her. I know they are very strict when it comes to "No boys in the house" policy.

"But of course dear. I can't believe you're even asking me that question. Aisht! Do you want him to stay in your room?" My mom said as my jaw dropped six feet under the ground. Ok, i'm exaggerating but what the hell happened to their policy??

"Omma!!! Of course not. We have a guest room right?" I said pinching the bridge of my nose while shaking my head.

"I know dear, but since he's your boyfriend, it will better if you share your room with him." Oh my God, i think my mom was infected with some kind of virus. What's wrong with her?

"I told you, he's not my boyfriend. And what happened to your policy? Have you forgotten about that?" I exclaimed feeling a bit annoyed.

"I remember, but you're old enough to make decisions on your own. Anyway, if you don't want to, fine. I'l just prepare our dinner." Mom said as he left us in the living room while humming a song.

"I like your mom. She's so cool." Jiyong whispered with a wide grin plastered on his face. I glared at him and smacked his arm to stop his craziness.