Chapter 9: The Fifth Member

We're on our way home from the bar as I kept glancing at Bom sleeping soundly next to me inside the car. After what happened, I just can't help it but feel sorry for my friend. All this time she's acting happy, but deep inside she's broken which I don't have any idea until now. We finally reached her place and I parked her car right in front of her apartment. I helped her get inside her house and guided her on her bedroom.

As i lay her down to bed, I heard her murmur something, "Seunghyun, please.." Though she's still asleep, I saw a tear fell from her eyes. "Don't leave me.."

"Shhh..Bom, I'm here.." I cooed as I pat her back. I have never been in a relationship before, but I know how she feels right now. We've been friends long enough for me to know her more than anyone could. We're like sisters. Aside from my family, she's the one who's always been there for me. I'm not always telling her this but I am so lucky to have met someone like her. For someone who belongs to a well off family, she never see people base on their status in life. Her parents were always busy with their business forgetting they have a daughter who seeks for their attention. Maybe its one of the reasons why she strives to work hard, but sadly, they don't see her effort. As for me, though I have a very loving and supportive family, I chose to live away from them so I can help them with the expenses, considering Sanghyun is still attending school. That's why we found a family on each other. Of course, that includes Chaerin and Minzy.

------------
"Dara...wake up..." I heard someone calling my name. "Daraaaaaaa..." There, I heard it again. "DARA!!!!" I jerked up and almost fell on the floor as I heard someone screamed my name in my ear. I looked around and saw Bom facing me. This girl, arrggghh!!!

"Bom?! Why did you shout at me? Can't you see i was sleeping? Gosh!!" I told her as I massaged my head in frustration.

"Oopss, sorry Dara. Ive been trying to wake you as gently as I could but its not effective so I tried the hard way." She said, " You're phone is ringing."

"Oh, really?" I fetched my phone inside my bag and saw Donghae's name on the screen. What does he want this time?

"Hello? Dara? Are you ok? Are you home? Where are you?" He bombarded me with nonstop questions which added to my headache.

"Yes Donghae, Im fine. I'm here at Bom's." I answered him as i pinched the bridge of my nose.

"Oh, thank goodness. I thought something happened to you. You didn't answer my calls." He said, sounding worried. I looked at my phone and saw fifty five missed calls from him. I pressed the phone back to my ear to continue talking.

"Wow. Thats...a lot." I sighed. " I'm sorry Donghae. I must have slept when you called. But Im fine. Don't worry about me. " I said. He's really thoughtful but he doesn't have to worry about me all the time.

"But I..." I heard him sighed. "....Ok Dara. Take some rest now ok?" He said.

"Ok. You too. Thanks Donghae." I answered as i hang up.

"She really likes you Dara." Bom said as she leaned against the headboard.

I straightened up myself to lean beside her "Maybe, but let's not talk about him. What happened to you last night? I was worried sick." I told her.

She bowed her head and played with her fingers, maybe thinking if she will tell me or not. She then looked at me with tears springing on the side of her eyes threatening to fall. "He broke up with me..."

"Why? Did you two had a fight?" I asked.

"That's the thing, we were great. If we have problems, we would talk about it but this time its different." She bowed her head again as a tear finally fell on her eyes. "He said we can't be together. When I asked him why, he said he's doing it to protect me."

"Protect you from what?" I inquired feeling confused as she is.

"I don't know Dara. He doesn't want to tell me. He said its better if I don't know too much. I'm really confused Dara." She burst out unable to stop herself from crying.

I hugged her while rubbing her back. "Shhh, its ok Bom. Maybe he has reasons why he said that. Whatever it is, just let him be. If he really is the right guy for you, fate will find its way."

"He never should have said he loves me if he'll leave me like this. I wish I never met him. It really hurts."

"Go on, cry it all out. It will help ease the pain." I said still rubbing her back. Its really painful to see her like this.

-------------

I'm now at Bom's kitchen looking at her fridge and will try to cook something for breakfast. My tummy is complaining already plus Bom has to eat something. She had a lot of alcohol last night so she needs to fill her stomach to wash it all away. Ok, what will I cook? Well, not to boast around but Im really good when it comes to cooking. I learned it from my mom when I was still living with them. She used to teach me some of her specialties and its one of our quality times together. Hmm, Bom's fridge sure is full, she must be scared of the idea of starvation. I pulled out some bacons, eggs, some veggies and of course her favorite, corn. And she got lots of them here. I started preparing our breakfast and I think the smell reaches her room for I heard her door open. I looked sideways and I saw her rubbing her eyes as she walked in the kitchen to join me. "Good Morning!" I greeted her with big smiles as if we haven't talked earlier.

"Good Mourning...." She said as she sat on the chair. "What's for breakfast?"

"Your favorite! Corn!!!" I wiggled two pieces of corn in front of her face.

"Yey..." She said without emotion. I sighed as I remembered something.

"Hey, I called Chaerin and Minzy and they said they are available the whole day. We can go see them." I told her with full enthusiasm.

"You guys can go, i'll stay here." She said not bothering to look at me.

"Hey, don't be like that. I promise you'll enjoy, please??? " I pleaded. I think it worked as I saw her nod at me. "Thanks! Now, just relax and breakfast will be served! " I said as I smiled at her.

----------
JIYONG's POV

"Did you get it?" I asked the person on the other line.

"Yes, boss.  I got it all. Do you want it now? I can send it to you personally." My ever reliable investigator said.

"No, you can do that tomorrow. Thank you." I said as I hang up the phone. I looked at the glass window of my condo again watching the city view.

"So, how's everything?" I got startled when a baritone deep voice interrupted my thoughts.

"Hyung!! Your back!" I said as i went closer and hugged him. " How's your vacation?"

"It was fine. Got lots of rest." Top hyung said. But judging his eye bags, i don't think he's telling the truth.

"Is everything ok?" I asked him.

"Yes, everything is going to be ok."

-----//
A/N

Sorry for the sad chapter. I just have to add that part. Next chapters will be less dramatic. Hopefully.

Special thanks to TIPAN99 for the comments. Really appreciate it.

Nyce_gurl c",)