Chapter 38: Endless night

Everyone was gathered in the kitchen preparing for dinner. Well, all except Jiyong who was outside talking to someone over the phone. "Is he like that all the time?" I asked no one in particular as i stirred the soup in front of me.

"Kind of.. he's busy most of the time." I heard Taeyang answered.

I twisted my body to face them and leaned on the counter. "What was it you guys do then?"

"We are...."

"Businessmen." I shifted my gaze to Seunghyun as he finished Taeyang's sentence. "We engage ourselves mostly on buy and sell." He said and immediately returned his focus on mixing the vegetables for the salad.

"Buy and sell? Of what?" I asked.

"A lot of stuff. Mostly automobiles and real estates.." Daesung answered this time. Is it me or were they all a bit fidgety on answering me. They complete each other's sentences and looked at each other first before answering.

"Oh. So you guys are big time businessmen huh? Is he your boss then?"

"Sort of, and its not just that, we also own bars, like the Dragon's lair." Seungri interjected as he put his arm over my shoulder and bragged. I gasped in realization, so that's why we always bump into them whenever we're there.

"You own that bar?" I asked feeling uneasy all of a sudden.

"Seungri." A reprimanding voice coming from the door made Seungri jump from his place. We all turned to see who it was but it was only Jiyong standing by the door squinting his eyes at him.

"Hyung?" Seungri asked with wide eyes.

"I can hear your blabbering mouth from outside." Jiyong said with a deadpan expression. His eyes never leaving Seungri.

"I'm just sharing it with Noona. What's wrong hyung?" Seungri asked puzzled but Jiyong stared at him and raised an eyebrow.

Seungri shifted his gaze to Seunghyun and tried to pick up why Jiyong was staring at him like he wants to strangle him or something. "Seungri, come here and help me with this steak." Taeyang said and yanked him from behind, peeling off his arms away from me.

"But hyung... i might burn our dinner!" Seungri whined like a kid but can't do anything about it since Taeyang already dragged him towards the grill.

"Just get your ass in here you stupid moron." Taeyang grunted.

The dinner went fine as we shared stories while eating our meal. All of them contributed something to share except for Jiyong who remained silent.

"We'll go ahead, just inform us if you need help." Seunghyun said and they all gathered their stuff in the living room.

"Wait, aren't you guys staying for the night?" I asked as i finished doing the dishes.

"Nope, but Jiyong is. He'll be your bodyguard for tonight." Seunghyun winked and grin like an idiot.

"What?" I asked dumbfounded.

"Why? Don't you want to?" Jiyong said breaking his silence.

"Uhmm.. its just that...." i scratched and lowered my head feeling a bit shy as i felt my face heat, again.

"Well then, bye Dara." Seunghyun hugged me and so were the others. I don't know but all of us suddenly became close in such a short period of time.

"Bye, take care you guys." I walked them by the door as i waived my hands until i can't see them anymore. Now i'm left alone with him.

I turned around and saw Jiyong leaning on the wall with arms crossed over his chest. "Uhm...i'l just head to the room to clean up." I pointed at the room using my thumb and was about to walk towards the door when i heard him say something.

"Goodnight Dara." He simply said.

"Goodnight." I uttered and left.

--------

3RD PERSON'S POV

"What? She escaped?!" Chanyeol's voice reverberated inside the room. He was sitting in a swivel chair with his men surrounding him. "How did she manage to escape? I thought your plan was fail proof?"

"It was, until the boss' son suddenly interfered." The man explained as he bowed in front of Chanyeol.

"Jiyong? What the hell was he doing there? I thought you planned everything?"

"We did, they don't have any plans of going there, we were surprised as well."

"Did your stupid men spill something to him?"

"I don't think so, i shot one of them in the head before he could say more."

"You think? Are you dumb? How sure are you that they didn't say anything that will give him a hint who was responsible?" Chanyeol stood up from his seat and walked towards the man. "Do you have any idea what he's capable of doing? For all we know, they're already planning on how they will hunt us one by one." Chanyeol hissed and stared the man down. "Fix this mess or you'll wish you should've never showed your face to me again."

"Yes boss..." said the man as he hurriedly left the room.

-------
DARA'S POV

I rolled on the bed many times i already lost count. I can't sleep again. There's so many things running through my head. First of, they said my life is in danger and i have to hide in this place to be safe. What about my work? How can my staff finish everything if i was the only one who attended the event? Second, Jiyong confessed that he likes me. I really don't know how to act in front of him right now. There's always that awkward moment even if we just accidentally stared at each other. Not to mention, my face always turns red when i caught him looking at me or just simply hearing his name even if he's not around. Gosh, what's wrong with me?
Maybe i need some water to calm my nerves.

I was on my way to the kitchen to get a glass of water when i noticed a silhouette of a person at the balcony. After drinking water, i decided to check who was outside.

"Jiyong?" I said and he turned around to face me. "What are you doing here?"

"Just looking around. What about you?"

"I can't sleep." I told him as i sat on the bench fixed beside the sliding door.

"Bed not comfortable?" He asked as he joined me in the bench.

"No, its not that. Its actually the best bed i've ever slept on." I said as i saw him smirked at me. I felt my cheeks burned when i realized what i just said. "I mean compared to my bed of course." I quickly added. Aisht. Why do i keep on embarrassing myself?

"You look cute when you blush." He said and i felt heat crawled to my face again. "Did you have a bad dream again?"

"No, there's just a lot of things running inside my head. And yeah, i just hope i won't have a bad dream again like the last time." I said and drifted my eyes in front.

"What was your dream about anyway? Care to share?" He asked.

"Well, i saw someone almost killed my father." I said and i saw Jiyong looked at me sideways. "And you know what's weird? I don't know him but in my dream, he was my appa." Jiyong didn't say anything and so i continued. "I don't know anyone else there but the man who tried to kill my father also threatened to kill me. I cried so hard but my father can't do anything, he was helpless." I didn't notice that a tear already escaped my eye when i told him that.

"I'm sorry Dara." He said and he hugged me. I felt the familiar feeling of comfort again every time he does that. "Everything will be ok. I promise."

"Thank you Jiyong. Thank you for always being there for me." I said and i felt him stiffened. He pulled away from the hug and stared at me.

"You're welcome. Like i said, i'l always protect you." He said as he smiled at me.

"You know, you look better when you smile. " i complimented as i heard him chuckle.

"Really? So your saying i'm good looking?" He teased, now feeling comfortable with the conversation.

"I didn't say good looking, that's different." I said and we both laughed at each other not minding if the night is getting deeper.