Chapter 39: Visitor

I squinted my eyes as a ray of light entered the room and pulled me from my sleep. I don't have any idea what time it is and i don't want to know either. It was dawn when Jiyong and i both decided to hit the bed and rest. I decided to sleep some more when i suddenly remembered something, my phone. Yup, aside from the clothes i was wearing, its the only thing i had brought with me the night i was almost kidnapped. I remembered i slipped it inside my pocket when i went outside the bar to find Jiyong. I stood up from the bed and tried to search for my phone inside the room but i can't find it. Wait, maybe Jiyong has it and placed it somewhere safe.

Opening the door of my room, i tiptoed towards the hall cautious not to make any sound. I reached the living room and was surprised to see someone lying on the couch, peacefully sleeping.

"Jiyong.." i whispered softly, careful not to startle him. "Jiyong..."

Still no response. I didn't know he's a heavy sleeper. I leaned forward to look at him clearly. This is the first time i ever stared at his face this close. Wow, look at those lashes, i think its longer than mine. His nose is perfect and so is his jaw line, its very well defined. Very masculine if you asked me. And his lips... its so kissa...

"What are you doing?"

I got startled when he suddenly spoke. I instantly backed away and accidentally stepped on to something that made me lose my balance and landed on the floor, butt first. "Aigooo!!!"

"Oh my God, Dara!" I saw Jiyong abruptly stood up and rushed to me. "I'm sorry i didn't mean to startle you. Are you ok?" He asked, his face full of worry.

"I'm fine Jiyong." I assured him as i nursed my butt. He helped me stand and if i'm not mistaken, i think i heard him stifled a laugh. "What so funny?" I asked as i crossed my arms.

"Nothing." His smile faltering when he met my icy glare. "Why are you up so early anyway? Its only six in the morning."

"Oh, yeah. I almost forgot. I was going to ask you for my phone. Where is it?"

"Why?"

"Because i need it? Come on, hand it over." I commanded him and pushed my hand to him, palms wide open.

"You can't use it. Its dangerous." He said crossing his arms and stared at me.

"What? What do you mean its dangerous? I'l tell you what's dangerous, my fist, if you don't give my phone back." I threatened, thinking somehow he'll consider.

"Tsk. Still no." He said with finality and spun around to walk away. I quickly grabbed his arm and twisted him to face me.

"Jiyong, i need my phone. I have to call my office and most specially, Bom. I know she's worried sick." I told him and made the most serious face i could ever muster.

"I told you, its dangerous. Don't be stubborn." He looked at me intently with equal serious face and was about to leave again.

"But you didn't tell me why. Why are you always doing this to me?" I shouted at him and stomped my foot like a kid feeling annoyed.

He suddenly stopped from his tracks and walked closer to me, forehead creased "What am i doing to you?"

"This! You always say no but you never give me an answer, you never tried to explain." I raised my voice a bit more to  give more emphasis. I saw him lower his head and sighed deeply. Him, not saying anything makes my blood boil even more. "What? Are you going to just stand there and say nothing?"

He averted his gaze to anywhere but me. Why isn't he talking? Is he hiding something from me? Wait, i just remembered something. "Yesterday, when you guys were talking in the other room, was it about me?" I asked, my voice calmed down a little.

"Dara, let's not talk about it. Its..."

"I'm asking you! Was it me? Were you talking about me?!"

He was shocked by my sudden outburst. I really can't control my anger anymore. He just nodded and didn't say anything.

"What was it about huh? Tell me!"

"Its...i don't know if...." he stuttered, looking confused and battling with himself if he's going to tell me or not.

"I heard you said something about creating confusion. About what?" I asked again, but he remained silent and that was the last straw. My patience ran out and before i knew it i was already in front of him grabbing  his shirt really tight under my twisted palm.

"Jiyong!!!" I shouted his name with pure anger as he finally answered me.

"About your identity!" He said using a voice with the same pitch as i had.

"What?" I was dumbfounded. "What did you say?"

"Its about who you really are Dara, or should i say Aira." He said lowering his voice as he wait for my reaction. What is he talking about? And who's Aira?

"You don't remember do you?" He asked my unspoken question as if he read my mind. "That's the reason why i kept it from you, because you don't remember a thing." He raked his hair with his hand.

"What are you talking about? I'm Dara. Maybe you've mistaken me with someone else." I told him. This is really confusing me. I stepped away from him feeling lost for a second. Is he kidding? Because this is not the right time to joke around.

"No, its you." He said but I shook my head as if saying no. He stared at my eyes deeply, scrutinizing my face, trying to find something. "The elevator Dara, you got stuck inside with a boy years ago. Don't you remember that?"

Oh my God, how did he know about the elevator? It was just one of my dreams that keeps visiting me since, i don't even remember when. "How did you know about that?"

"Because i was that boy, Dara. Your long lost friend."

--------
3rd PERSON'S POV

A car was parked in front of a condominium as a man stepped out with one goal in mind. He walked inside the building without any company but alertness was kept in himself knowing he was attempting to step inside one of the lion's cage. Gauging every corner of the hall, he started walking slowly, taking every inch carefully as he finally reached the room where the person he was looking for settled for the time being.

Taking a deep breath, he lifted his arm and knock on the door in front of him. Three knocks was all it took for someone to finally open the door and reveal himself to the unexpected visitor.

Smirking to himself for he finally saw the one he was looking for but a different reaction was visible on the other man's face. Shocked, confused or probably dumbfounded for the man who was standing right in front of his doorstep, was the last person he ever wanted to see.

"Long time no see, Lee Donghae." The visitor greeted as he took off his hood to give him a better view.