Chapter 24: The Plan

(DARA'S POV)

"Dara!!!!" I got startled when someone barged inside my office yelling my name.

"Bom! What's with the yelling? I almost spilled my coffee, you babo!" I reprimanded her while i wiped the drops of coffee that escaped my cup.

"Awww! Don't you miss me?" She frowned looking upset. "I just got back and this is how my best friend welcomed me? I'm so disappointed Dara..." She said as she gave her best pout she could ever muster.

"Fine, i miss you too. Now, stop giving me that look Bom." I surrendered. She instantly smiled as i chuckled at her sudden change of mood. "How's uncle and auntie?" I asked returning my gaze to my computer.

"Well, they're more than fine actually. I don't even know why they called me there. They did all the stuff needed to be done and i just presented myself there looking like an idiot." She said continuously. "They said the company needs a new face."

"New face? What for?" I asked looking at her confused.

"Just in case they decided to retire, the public will know who will be the next person in charge of the company." She just sighed as she propped her elbow on the table and rested her head on her palm.

"Its ok Bom. They just want what's best for you. You know that." I told her as i stood up and sat in front of her.

"Best for me or for them? How will i pursue my career if i handle the company? Im trapped Dara! Trapped!!" She exclaimed waiving her hands in the air.

"Well, you can still pursue your dream if you wanted to. Just hire somebody else to handle it. You'll find a way." I told her while tapping her shoulder to console her.

"Hmm, that's a great idea Dara! I hope my parents approve of it but if not, i'l find a way as long as you will be around to help me." She said holding my hand.

"Of course, what are best friends for anyway? And as if i can escape the Bominator right?" We both laughed and hugged each other. It kind of scare me a little knowing there is a chance she will be away and i don't know what i will do without her, but if that time comes, i will always be here to support her every step of the way.

----------
JIYONG'S POV

I parked outside a mansion that looks like an abandoned place away from the city. A place i've been avoiding to visit for a lot of memories, good and bad, remains. I got out of my car and stepped inside, feeling nostalgic all of a sudden. As I walked passed through the garden, i remembered when i saw Mr. Jang cried that rainy night years ago but it felt like it only happened yesterday. I walked further more and reached a gate behind the mansion. Just as expected, a lot of guards are securing it so no one can enter.

"Let me in." I said to one of the guards who stopped me.

"Young master, your father told us not to let anyone in." He said as he bowed down.

"Don't you know who i am and what i'm capable of?" I said in a dangerous tone which made the guard flinched.

"Bbut yyoung master... Your ffather ordered us to..." He stuttered as i saw his hands shook.

"Step aside and i won't let him know about this." I told him and saw him gave a signal to one of the guards behind him to open the gate.

I entered a passage way that looks like a tunnel with torches on its walls. It served as my guide as i walked deeper inside until i reached a what seems to be a dead end. It was designed like that so no intruders can pass. I pulled one of the torches and a keypad automatically slide through the wall asking for a code. I punched in the code and the light turned from red to green, good thing i still remember it. The wall then break in half and an elevator was presented in front of me. As i stepped inside, i pressed the B button for basement. It took me awhile before the door finally opened and a white corridor welcomed me. This place looks like a hospital built underground that no one knows exist. I saw a huge steel door at the end of the corridor and asked for another code which, fortunately, the same as the one outside. As i entered the room, the light automatically turned on and there i got a glimpse of a man sitting on a chair while sleeping. I walked closer and touched his shoulder to wake him up.

"Mr. Jang..." I gently said as he began to move and opened his eyes. He looks a lot older from the last time i saw him.

"Wwho are you?" He asked as he squinted his eyes to adjust his vision.

"Its me, Jiyong. Do you still remember me?" I asked him while i helped him get up. He rubbed his eyes and leaned closer to have a better view.

"Oh my God Jiyong! Its you!" He hugged me tight when he finally recognized me. I rubbed his back gently as i felt his body shook when he began to cry hard.

"Its ok Mr. Jang. Stop crying, i'm here." I cooed as he let go of the hug and wiped his tears away.

"Please Jiyong, help me. Help me get out of here. I need to find Aira. Please Jiyong...." He begged as he started to cry again. I have never seen him like this. Its worst than the last time i saw him cry in the garden years ago.

He held my shoulders a little tight as i saw the worried look on his face. "Calm down Mr. Jang, that's the reason why i'm here. I need information to help me look for her." I informed him and his worried eyes began to change into hopeful ones.

"Really Jiyong? You will help me?" He asked me.

"Yes Mr. Jang, and Aira is not just any other person. She's my friend too and i don't want my father to use her." I grudgingly muttered. "Just tell me where should I start looking. To whom did you entrust her?"

"To Jin Young, he was one of your helpers before." He abruptly said as he walked back and forth.

"Where is he now?"

"Before he left, he said he'll bring Aira to their place in Jeju." He said.

"Jeju? Do you know what was their last names?" I asked. I don't know why i'm feeling a bit nervous right now.

"That's the problem Jiyong, I didn't ask for it. I thought it was better that way to stop my urge to look for them before. " he slumped on his seat looking defeated. "Not knowing where they are is much better than her living here with me. I don't want her to experience hell." He again started crying. I just feel sorry for him and his situation right now. I know how much he misses his daughter.

"Don't worry, i'l do everything in my power to find her for you. But we have to plan everything before we make a move."

"What's the plan Jiyong?" He ask feeling determined.

"I'l be the one to look for her and i'l update you from time to time." I told him.

"What about me? What shall i do?" He asked looking at me intently.

"Just pretend this conversation never happened. Don't worry, we will do the best we can. And once we found her, we will get you out of here." I assured him.

"Thank you Jiyong! Thank you so much!" He said as he hugged me again.