Chapter 14: Nothing to Something

JIYONG's POV

After the meeting, i bade goodbye to them as i headed out of our base. Im on my way home now as I drove passed the street where i saw her last week. Its not that I'm expecting to see her here again, i just don't know why i get the feeling that i will. As if my thought was heard, i again, saw her walking leisurely on the side walk bobbing her head like an idiot. I checked the time and its already half quarter past eight. Why does she always go home this late? Didn't she know that its dangerous to lurk around the city at this hour for a girl like her. How stupid can she get? Thinking of what might happen, I instantly drove to her side and thought of giving her a ride home.

"Need a ride?" I calmly asked not bothering to look at her. 

"Wow, am I dreaming or something?" I saw her dramatically placed her palms on her cheeks mocking me.

"What?!?" I almost shout at what she said, what's wrong with her?

"I said am I dreaming? Because this is the first time you didn't shout or snarl at me." She smirked. Do i always shout at her? As far as I can remember, she's the one doing all that. I looked back on the road as I am starting to get pissed.

"Do you want a ride or not?!?" I asked her again. This time raising my voice a bit.

"Are you autistic or something? Why can't you look at me in the eye when you talk to me. I'm right here you know?" Now i'm autistic. Does this girl know who is she calling autistic? Can somebody tell me why I bothered offering her a lift?

"Why do you always pissed me off? I just offered you a ride and this is what I get? Just get in the car will you?!?" I shouted at her. My patience is running out so quickly.

"Fine! But if you tried something stupid, I'm going to kill you. I know martial arts, just so you know." She warned me. I almost burst out laughing when she said that. Who is she kidding? With that thin frame of hers, I won't believe it if she could break a single stick. Finally, she stepped inside the car and made herself comfortable. She looked around the car and sniffed like a dog. Now I'm having a hard time holding my laughter.

"Buckle up!" I interrupted her sniffing spree as she started searching for the seatbelt. Since its taking her a lot of effort locating it, I thought of helping her out. I leaned over to reached for it accidentally inhaling her scent in the process. God she smells so nice, like a sweet vanilla. She gasped by my sudden act and immediately crossed her arms as if shielding herself from me. There goes her eyes again, its like a magnet pulling me over to her. But when I saw her scared face again, that's the time when I finally came back to my senses.

"I'm just going to put your seat belts on." I told her as i snapped the belt onto its lock. I revved up the engine and tried really hard to focus. "So, where do you live?" I asked.

"I'l just show you. Go straight then left." She instructed me as i drove off to the direction she told me. As silence filled the air, i wondered if its possible to have a normal conversation with her. I thought of the safest topic we could talk about.

"Why do you always go home this late? And don't you have a car?" I asked her. That question has been bugging my curiosity for quite some time now.

"I will be using it by now if I have one, don't you think?" She has a point there but why? Is she that dedicated to her job? "And why do you care if I go home this late? Your not the one paying me to do my job." Again with her sarcasm.

"I'm just asking, you don't have to be sarcastic or something." I muttered as I gave up talking to her.

We finally reached her apartment as she gathered her stuff preparing to leave when she suddenly spoke in a gentle way.

"Uhmm, before i forget, Thank you." She said, sincerity visible in her eyes.

Pretending not to know what she's talking about, i raised my brow and answered, "For the ride?"

"Yes, and the other night, when you brought me to the hospital." Oh, so she remembered huh. She was so sick that time, I thought she will forget what happened.

"Oh. That's nothing." I quickly responded, showing no interest at what she's saying. My eyes searched hers as if I'm trying to find something that I once lost. I don't know what's happening to me right now until she spoke again.

"And the bills, I'l pay you once.."

"Keep it. Its nothing, really." I immediately cut her off as I broke our gaze at each other.

"Ok. Ahh..Thanks again." She said and as soon as she stepped out of the car, i
instantly drove off before she could utter another word.

What's wrong with me? Why do I keep seeing her in the most unexpected ways there is. And her eyes, why do I have a feeling that I've seen them before? My chest began to throb as I remembered something. I just sighed heavily at the thought. She's really something.

Not too far from where i dropped her, I saw a familiar car, parking near the weird girl's neighbor. I can't be wrong, I know who that car belongs to. What the hell is he doing here?!?

------------
DARA'S POV

I placed my bag on the couch as I arrived home feeling a bit tired. My stomach began to growl reminding me i haven't had my dinner yet. So I went to the kitchen to look for something to eat when my eyes landed on a bowl of ramen. As I started preparing it, i suddenly remembered what happened a while ago. What was his name again? Jiyong? He can't be the same guy in that article right? But there's a big chance that he is. The son of one of the most influential man in the country. There was once i tried searching his face on the internet but unfortunately, i can't find any. Well, i hope he isn't. I don't want anything to do with him anyway.

I finished my food and headed to my room to clean myself up. When I'm finally ready for bed, i decided to send Bom a message just to check if she's fine. I haven't seen her all day. Hope she's ok. After sending her a quick message, I switch my lamp off and finally succumbed to slumber.